Mac Powerbook G4 Hard Drive

Solved/Closed
djchueka - Aug 24, 2008 at 10:52 PM
 undertaker2222 - Aug 12, 2009 at 03:42 PM
Hello,
I just got a Mac Powerbook G4 and it has no hard drive, i wanted to know what is the max i can get for it. Someone said only 100 GB and i wanted to get something bigger. Also where can I get it?
Related:

6 responses

undertaker2222
Aug 12, 2009 at 03:42 PM
I have just finished installing a new HD into a powerbook G4. (1st time working on a MAC - was always PC) I got a 250GB P ATA 5400 RM 2.5IN and while running the setup drive, it only initialised 131072 which is 128GB, I have tried everything but in vain. Is there any settings that you guys changed in that?
Hey, the most you can go on a powerbook is 250gb. I just installed one on my 12" powerbook its a western digital, it needs to be a ata 100 (not sata). Hope this helps.
My hard drive recently failed and could not be repaired. Lost all my data but for about $100 I had a 250 GIG drive installed by the Geek Squad. Seems to be working fine now.
Jay > Doubleagle64
Jan 28, 2009 at 03:56 PM
$100!?!?!?!?! It takes no more than 15 minutes. Damn.
I was thinking about getting one of the 250gb western digital drives also. How is it working for you?
vangogh34 Posts 16 Registration date Saturday August 23, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009 1
Aug 25, 2008 at 08:10 AM
hi there,

that isnt true you can get hard disk up to 1tera for mac and below is a link where you can get different model of hard disk for your mc :

https://www.apple.com/search/LaCie-500GB-d2-Quadra-Hard-Disk?cid=OAS-US-YPI&rdt=redirectionFromProductPage&tab=accessories
i am looking for and internal one not an external. Does any one know about the internal ones?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I recently made the upgraded from my wonderful G4 powerbook to a macbook pro and am now deciding to (for the fun of it) dump a larger hard drive into my old, so loved, computer. Less risk now that I don't operate my life from it. After some research, I have been able to find hard drives as big as 250 GB on a couple different websites. Not to bad in price either (between $102 and $150). I just google searched "internal hard drive for powerbook g4." I asked a couple of my nerdy computer friends to confirm that such a transformation is possible and they all said yes. I think I am going to give it a try and being that you have a computer with no hard drive, you should as well.

I liked this website (http://eshop.macsales.com) because I could search for HDs using the make and model of my comp. Much easier to navigate than just guessing what might fit.