WRT54G Won't Set Up/Access Internet Wireless

Closed
FuzzyCub Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday November 24, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 25, 2009 - Nov 25, 2009 at 04:58 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Nov 25, 2009 at 12:19 PM
Hello,

My best friend gave me his WRT54G as he didn't need it anymore (he switched to Apple).

So I am running a Lenovo IdeaPad Netbook which has no optical drive and I go to Lenovo's website to see if I could download Easylink Advisor so I could get the router installed and up and running with my Comcast High Speed Internet.

No luck.

No matter what I do, I can only access the internet while connected by ethernet cable.

Without any kind of set up wizard, I cannot set up a wireless network, I cannot figure out where I am going wrong...IF I am going wrong....its very frustrating.

Worst part of this is that when I called Linksys to guide me through my set up difficulties, their agents (in the Phillippines) refused to help me and kept trying to get me to call the Support Center during normal business hours so they could charge me as my warranty had expired at the end of 2007.....I asked them what the hell a warranty had to do with my not being able to access customer service???

They had no good answer.

So, if ANYONE can zip the contents of that Easylink Advisor and email it to me or contact me so we can do a file transfer on Yahoo or something, I would be deeply grateful.

Or if anyone could just tell me how to get this done, handling any troubleshooting I might have to do along the way, I would be equally grateful.

Thanks
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,828
Nov 25, 2009 at 12:19 PM
You should try this Linksys forum:

http://forums.linksysbycisco.com/...

Good Luck