"a network cable is unplugged" but it´s

Closed
mandibulas Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 23, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 24, 2008 - Aug 24, 2008 at 08:42 AM
 wallacel - Dec 23, 2010 at 08:20 PM
hi everybody,

I have a d-link 514 router, which I connect through a cable to my desktop. but it keeps saying that "a network cable is unplugged". I do have wireless internet in my laptop with the router at the same time. but if I connect the cable to my ethernet port in my laptop, I get the same as in the desktop.
I don´t think it´s the cable, as I already got a new one.
thanks for your help!
Related:

6 responses

dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Jun 13, 2010 at 09:26 AM
Some tips:

- Try to connect to other router's LAN port, sometimes the problem can due to faulty LAN port.
- Make sure you have installed network adapter driver correctly and it works well.
- Ensure the network adapter was not disabled.

Hope this helps.

dawooddoe
Home Network & Wireless Network Help
* Media State Disconnected
* Ethernet Cable ubplugged

I have had the same problem and spent days scouring Google and trying any suggestion that I could find. Last night I found a post from 2002. It seemed ridiculous but I gave it a shot. PROBLEM SOLVED.

1.) Shut dowm your PC.
2.) Unplug the power cord.
3.) If you have a laptop, remove the battery as well.
4.) Walk away from the problem for at least 30 minutes.
5.) When you return, reconnect battery and power cord.
5.) Start as usual.
6.) If this solves the problem, take 20 minutes and post this to all of those message boards that you didn't find the solution to.

This fix appears to work for any OS/MOBO/NIC.

What causes it? I don't know.

Have a great day! :)
1.) Shut dowm your PC.
2.) Unplug the power cord.
3.) If you have a laptop, remove the battery as well.
4.) Walk away from the problem for at least 30 minutes.
5.) When you return, reconnect battery and power cord.
5.) Start as usual.
6.) If this solves the problem, take 20 minutes and post this to all of those message boards that you didn't find the solution to.

I used this fix too. Spent 3 days working on this issue & the fix was just this simple!!
I have a modem and I connect to my laptop using a cable. I want to use the modem to setup a wireless netwirk so thet I donot need to connect via modem. What do I need to do?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
You are the man! Fix my problem. Mine is a asus p7h55-m/usb3 running snow leopard 10.6.5
axelia1234 Posts 12 Registration date Wednesday August 13, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2009 1
Aug 24, 2008 at 10:04 AM
hi there here is a link where you will get all the answers for network troubleshooting :

www.networktips.org