Nokia 5130 xpress music video problem

Solved/Closed
Cody - Nov 23, 2009 at 10:20 AM
 ttt - Mar 19, 2014 at 01:56 AM
Hello,can anyone please help me i'am having a problem with playing videos. I uploaded to my nokia 5130 xpressmusic, mp4 and 3gp files. When I open mp4 or 3gp files at some of them I can't see the image just the sound and a small icon where I must see the video. I have another 3 video files mp4 and 3gp and some of them are working and the others are playing slowly like with slow motion. Should I reinstall the software or what should I do please help.

11 responses

The main problem with your videos is the resolution and bitrate of those videos. I purchased my nokia 5130 on july 2009, and it took me about 2 months to figure out the same problem that I too encountered. First, download a good video converter where you get lots of options i.e video format, video bitrate, audio bitrate, video codec, audio codec.... Etc. I suggest you download SUPER converter or MEDIA CODER. These two are the best free video converter that you can download. Now after installing one of the above two converters, follow the following instructions.
1. Import the video file.
2. Select output container as MP4.
3. Video codec, Xvid or Divx.
4. Audio codec ACC.
5. Video bitrate 250(in case of media coder)
6. Audio bitrate 128
7. Resolution 320*240. This is the max. resolution the phone supports. Go more than that and you will see the icon you mentioned.
8. Frame rate: 15fps

Now convert the file and you will get a video file of size below 15 mb.(for a 5min video). After putting the file in your mobile you will be awestruck to see the quality of the video. And the frame rate is also very good. Hope this helps. If you have any other problems then email me on Sbdevilmind@gmail.com.
um...thnx and it helped a lot. but i'm just wondering why there is no sound??? thnx again
Oops...I mistakenly wrote the audio codec as ACC but it should have been AAC. Sorry....
thank u.........thank u............thanx a lot buddy......................
i tried a lot but I was not getting it but finally I got it..............LUV U thanx
thank you very much for ur help
I dont know how to use MEDIA CODER can anyone help???
i went to download free flash player for nokia 5130 xpress music
your tip is gr8.but tel me how to change the resolution on media coder
Hello,can anyone please help me i'am having a problem with playing videos. I uploaded to my nokia 5130 xpressmusic, mp4 and 3gp files. When I open mp4 or 3gp files at some of them I can't see the image just the sound and a small icon where I must see the video. I have another 3 video files mp4 and 3gp and some of them are working and the others are playing slowly like with slow motion. Should I reinstall the software or what should I do please help
the problem is same in all nokia s40 models.
After converting 3gp to mp4 or mp4 to 3gp you will hear sound on the converted videos

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
thnx man, for ur help. I have been facing the prob for quite some time, thnx again for the article.......
i also use this mobile same problem
i have 1 solution for this problem

so u convrt with brand convrt softwr [3gp only]

not supported mp4 in nokia 5130 xprs
Hi Dear I m facing the prb & unable to c videos either I converted it on Real player but when ever I open this files in cell so only voices come now I read all ur msgs but unable to understnd plz help me out
Nokia 5130 supports mp4. All my videos are mp4. You must have used the wrong codec.
try using wmv files I use them they work but not to well
he si a good convertor for every nokia mobile
hey I have nokia 5130 and I was wondering how can I get free internet on my phone. A nd I don't wanna hear about opera mini cause I have a pay as you go phone an it'll kill my minutes. so your help will be greatful
zagalil
thnks