My Gateway 9500 Laptop unexpectedly turns off, when the battery charger (power cord) is unplugged. The battery is new (purchased on 11/09/09) and charged it for 24 hours. I just insatalled Windows XP Pro. SP3 without the battery in the laptop and I remember seeing some type of error message about the battery. I didn't think anything about it then. Maybe it is causeing this problem now. Please help.
- My laptop turns off when i unplug the charger
- Laptop turns off when unplugged
- My laptop shutdowns automatically though fully charged
- Laptop turns off when power cord is removed. » Forum - Laptop
- Lenovo laptop is turning off ,when power cord is unplugged. » Forum - Laptop
- Toshiba laptop shuts down instantly on start (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- Laptop is turned off when power cable is off » Forum - Laptop
- Asus laptop 97% Not charging & turns off when power is unplugged » Forum - Laptop
For those of you having the problem of a HP laptop shutting off when you unplug the charger and your battery is fully charged, I can help you. There is nothing wrong with the laptop, battery, or computer, it is a power management setting. If you go to display properties, select the screen saver tab, then click the "power" button, in the power schemes field is a drop down window, click on it and select "Rixane Power Scheme", it is a power switching utility that quickly switches between AC and Battery when the power cable/charger is plugged in or unplugged while the laptop is on. If you have it set to "always on" it will shut off when you pull the power cord, even if the battery is charged. This will also happen on many non-HP laptops, if you don't have a HP laptop or there is not a "Rixane" option available, select the "Portable/Laptop" power scheme. Hope this helps!