Sound won't work at all.

Solved/Closed
Anonymous User - Aug 12, 2008 at 04:35 PM
 AungAung - Apr 22, 2017 at 06:18 AM
Hello, I'm having serious and very annoying trouble with my sound. My sound doesn't make sound. I have a Windows Vista, the other day I reinstalled it and, since then my sound button at the corner of my screen next too the clock has had a little red "x" on it. It saids I don't have any audio devices installed. In "Hardware and Sound" in control panel it saids it's working fine. I have SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC for sound. I hope this isn't my sound card messed up. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but that didn't work and I reseted my computer over hundreds of times. Please help.
Related:

77 responses

same here
i had the same problem .all you do go click on start then all programs, then accessories,system tools,then go in the recovery manager.then click on program recovery.then its gonna you to click on which programs you want to reinstall then click on utility.and reinstall the driver
first go my comp. and right click on it click on manage and open device manager and open sound and other harware and uninstall your audio driver and re install it thank u rohit
josh the same thing happend to me wot should I do I mite get a new lap top

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
the sound on my acer aspire 5920 has stopped working, help me to reslove the problem please.
I hav no sound
If Its a windows Vista it just means its muted.. Press Fn and F4 at the same time...
sound not working on desktop
i HAVE NO SOUND ON MY COMPUTER. wHY?
stop being so dumb and figure it out stupid
Well the problem might be vista because it has alot of problems but since you just downloaded vista it probaly has default settings and the sound is just turned off so you can try going to a help page on sound and do what it says
hellboyactual
May 24, 2010 at 12:45 PM
my comp did the same thing after a major breakdown, I had to reinstall xp to fix it. after that there was no sound, it said device working properly in properties and so on but wouldnt work. my comp was used so I didnt have the original disk, also I had installed a dvd rw previously which did come with a disc (nero) which was no help whatsoever after install had nero but still no sound!the way I fixed mine is as follows; goto realtek and download ac97 and install it. the speaker icons are back and so is my sound!! hope that helps you!! good luck!!
change your system operating system to xp. solve the problem
u have to say yes to ur computuer then it works LOL
so what do I do because I dont even have the voice thing by my clock anymoree
what I can do to my skype work agine
If you have check the device manager and it shows everything installed correctly, try plugging in a set of headphones or some speakers. It just may not notice that it works until you have a actual sound device plugged in, I have this issue with alot of computers at my job.
it sounds like after reinstalling vista you havent reinstalled/updated your sound card drivers

give that a bash:)
sound wont workt
i deleted in computr sound driver and sound dont workt