Locked folder in Folder access 2.0.0

Solved/Closed
Anurag - Aug 5, 2008 at 10:29 PM
 anupam - Jan 23, 2013 at 09:45 AM
Hello,
I downloaded the free Version of Folder Access 2.0.0 and using it successfully. I locked some folder and while trying to unlock it showed some processing error. I removed that folder by using Remove Button from Folder Access because by using remove feature, it also gets unlocked. However, Problem is continued as these folders are still locked. Otherwise, I am able to lock and unlock folders. I also tried to uninstall the software, but it shows "Erro Password : cmdok : 70 : Permission denied". I have password also. Kindly pls help to retrieve my folder.

Pls help
Related:

27 responses

Balls-of-Steel
Oct 1, 2009 at 06:47 PM
I have the solution to all of your problems related with Folder Access: program error, os reinstall, lost password, ...

The security presented by Folder Access is ridiculously low.
Is only as good as if you are 5 or you're just learning how to type on a computer.
I don't have much experience on lockup folder programs, but if they operate like this one you are saffer if you just hide the folder.

I am serious!!
Humans are by nature curious, and seeing a program like this on someone's computer will start our imagination.
Anyone with an average knowledge of OS functioning will be able to hack this program in a matter of seconds.

Just like the Japanese's philosophy "Helping is , but teaching is even better", I will demonstrate how to unlock your folders and explain it.
Lets get starting:

Let us imagine we want to protect 2 folder stored in C:\, called FolderA and FolderB.
We use Folder Access to lock them. Nice... folders are totally safe :p

Let's now make just an experiment: Open shell command or command program or or console whatever it is called on windows and let's take a look ate "C:\" (just type dir on console)

This is what we see:
C:\>dir
The volume is blablabla
Serie number is blablabla

02-10-2009 User - 00:01 <DIR> FolderA.{21EALP20-0003-......0}
02-10-2009 User - 00:01 <DIR> FolderB.{21EALP20-0003-......1}
01-01-0001 User - 00:01 <DIR> ProgramFiles
01-01-0001 User - 00:01 <DIR> Windows

This is the awesome and flawless security presented by Folder Access.
They just rename your folder and add a kind of extension.
xD

All we got to do is rename the folders back.

Before you can do it, you need to close a process connected to Folder Access.
The process is "LckFldService".
Hit Ctrl+Alt+Del, go to processes tab, find LckFldService and shut it down.

Now, back to the console and type:
C:\>ren FolderA.{21EALP20-0003-......0} FolderA
C:\>ren FolderB.{21EALP20-0003-......1} FolderB

*if you don't want to type all of those caracters just type ren FolderA (hit tab key)

And, voila, folders unlocked again xD

I hope I was able to help somebody
And sorry if I was a little sarcastic
hi man
you were really helpful, thanx!!
but just think that something like probably 90% of computer users never ever even get close
to the DOS window.. so it's not that bad protection.. cause hidden folders are much easier to
find, even in search command.. so this one would be just one level up.
thanX!

Ro
Thanks!
I solved my problem!

Best regards!
Sindbad_Sailor
Apr 15, 2010 at 02:06 PM
Thnx Man....!!
Dat was gr8.. :)
THANKS A LOT..............................................................
IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need to change pw on folder access cus I have forgot my pw do you know how I can reset my pw so I can change it?
I solved my probem by using Joel's help
Do this:
reinstall folder access 2.0, place a shortcut icon on your desktop. Then drag the locked folders into the shortcut icon...if done correctly...password will be asked again. Fill in the old password, and you can open them now.
Thank you so much!! Worked for me too!! :D
thanks buddy it was really help full with ur comments I could retrieve my critical data with ur help......
thank you!!! it worked!
Thank you very much
thanx
Here's free tool, this may help you.

http://www.hdo01.pdg.pl/programy/prog18/Folder%20Access%202.1%20Recovery.zip
Your advice worked. thank u very much
thanks so much, it worked!!
thanks a million , man,
to: "10odh".

WOW...!!. BIG Thanks to you!!..
it works, so easily...!.
thank you. thank you. thank you.
Anurag,

Thanks so much. It works now! Cheers =)

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Thanks guys it worked for me toooooooo
Thanks Buddy........

U pple r really helpful....

thank u so much..........................

Regards
Arun Garg
Thank you soooooooooo much :-D
I have tried everything and I still cannot unlock this folder! I keep getting the above mentioned file access errors, wrong password error when trying to uninstall, folder already locked etc. I have tried re-installing FolderAccess but his doesnt work. Ive tried dragging and dropping the file into the shortcut, I enter my password and just get more and more error messages!

Can someone, please help me unlock/delete this folder and remove this FolderAccess software!!
i have installed the free version of INSTANT LOCK 2.5
now the pack is expired and I am unable to unlock the
folders.will somebody plz. help me.....
dear
if u get some help from some one please tell me as I also suffer from same problem
please if u get some help tell me
ok and waiting
check post 21
didnt help for me. mine said WARNING: you entered an illegal(pirate) software license. you cant reach locked folders unless you buy your own license key RIGHT NOW!!!

any one that can help me pls pls pls

ps that for the instant lock cr*p
Hey this worked for me. I was having the same problem. What a scam company
It will help u I got it from net get back my folders

Step 1
-In your PC, go to the the location where your instant lock application is located.Commonly, it will be in your Program Files.

Step 2
Open your instant lock folder.

Step 3
There will be some files,click Remove.exe.

Step 4
It will ask your instant lock password.Then, enter your password and click log in.

Step 5
Check back all your folders(that located in instant lock before) in your pc.It will be there.This means,instant will gives back all your folders after the trial ends.So, no need to worry about losing your files.
it will help u even if u have unistalled the I lock software. try to reinstall it but use or password correctly then follows above software
Thank you,thank you,thank you so much :-D
I've spent many hours crawling over the net in search of a solution.
Came accross so many cr*p...
And here you are with the most simple and obvious solution.
Wich happens to be the best.
I don;t know how to thank you enough.
Now I can go to bed ;-D
1. Folder Options -> Show Hidden Files and Folders; uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)

2. Computer -> Volume Information - search for your files hidden in one of the 700 odd strangely named folders
-*hint* select a bunch and, and check properties for file size. All of these folders are empty except for the
one containing your stuff

3. ME or XP - simply open the folder and keep clicking on the contents until you find your stuff, then drag your
stuff out. If the material is shaded, Right-click the folder, Attributes, uncheck Hidden.

CANNOT OPEN THE FOLDER??? You probably have Vista - RENAME THE FOLDER. For security reasons Vista
will not allow you to open a folder with that strange "i" character. Once renamed you should be able to
open the folder and perform the above.

Best Wishes!

Jan
Hello,

I had the same problem with my folders. I followed all the procedures re-installed it and enter with new password. I dragged the locked folders to the icon and still failed. I ran the folderaccess.exe file from program files folder still no luck. When I dragged the locked file into the icon and it asked for password, and I entered the password either new or old one it showed error "An error occurs while unlocking: \\document and settings...\usersname\my document\folder\75 Path/File access error". Anyone who can help I do really appreicate it. All my files inside my folder are completely locked. Thank you.

KC.
May 20, 2009
KcLeo Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday May 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 20, 2009
May 20, 2009 at 12:27 PM
Hello All,

I just solved the problem.
First, I reinstalled Folder Access 2.0 from my prevoius 2.0 trail version. It didn't work for me when I followed Anurag from Joel's help. then I downloaded from CNET again and re-installed for the 2nd time. It also asked for the password. I used the same old password, then I opened my locked folders and dragged into the Folder Access icon on my Desktop. It then asked for password. After that there was an error message:
"Error password: Remove Folder: 91: Object variable on with block variable not set" it then prompted
"Folder unlocked successfully"

see below solution from Anurag (thanks so much)

KcLeo May 20, 2009 @10:28am PST.

Anurag, on Tuesday August 19, 2008 04:32:09 PM
I solved my probem by using Joel's help
Do this:
reinstall folder access 2.0, place a shortcut icon on your desktop. Then drag the locked folders into the shortcut icon...if done correctly...password will be asked again. Fill in the old password, and you can open them now.
use http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ to unlock the file. it works.
i solved tat problem using joel's suggession..
u rock man..:)
Thanks, that helped. x]
Thank you guys!!!!!!!
thanks body its workable now
pls go to c:/program files/into folder access<folder>/click folder access exe file/
it promt for password give it &unlock it......
Muskymu Posts 9 Registration date Thursday May 8, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2009
Aug 6, 2008 at 08:15 AM
hello,

well what you can do is to reinstall the software, then enter in those folders, cut the files and paste it elsewhere where you will be able to access it later on.

hope that this will help you
i'm using folder access 2.0 free version :)
Bu I found error:
Error main: cmdUnlockFolder :52 : Bad file name or number
What's wrong? Thanks