Sony Walkman Content Transfer Problem

Solved/Closed
Ladydog - Oct 16, 2009 at 03:23 AM
 chandru - Sep 7, 2010 at 08:54 AM
Hello,
Content Transfer feature of my Sony Walkman is not recognising my Walkman when it is connected although I can access my Walkman and transfer files to it via other means, I would still like 'Content Transfer' to be working so I can download files from BBC I player etc....anybody help ?

OS..Windows XP Pro
Windows Media Player 11
Related:

15 responses

My Hardware does not show USB mass storage device.
I am not able to download anything to my Sony walkman (the wearable one)
PLEASE HELP.
It detects the device and shows its content.
But I am not able to copy anything from or to it.
WOW dude I really appreciated your help. I was tripping looking for a solution and thanks to you it worked! was kinda confusing near the wizard installing part though
hi this is javed here, I hve oroblem that I format ma pc after formating I plug my sony audio player nwz-b142-bce in pc it is not accessing ma devices on right hand side corner the icon shows but wen I open my computer it doesnt shw the icon y it happen ?
i did not understand till now plzz tell me dude
my walkman start and stop after 4 sec
hi
Thank you ever so much! It DID work!!! You're the man!!
I am having the same problem also with mine.I did not recieve a cd with the player though there was just a folder in my walkman file that had teh setup so you clicked it and it installed it.How can I get the content transfer to recognize the player without having a cd?
thatchicuk...open control panel...select System..then select Hardware..select Device manager...select Universal serial bus controllers..RIGHT click USB mass storage device...select Update Driver...Hardware Update Wizard appears...select Install from a list or specific location click Next...'Please choose your search and installation' options....select.. dont search.I will chose the driver to install...click next..at this point you should see drivers for
USB mass storage device and one called MTP...MTP is the one you want highlight it and install it and hopefully you should be up and running...further than that I can't offer any more assistance...except to say that you need an MTP driver...maybe best to print this ..its easier than it looks on paper..Let me know how you get on.
It Works!! > ladydog
Nov 10, 2009 at 04:39 PM
Thank you soooooooo much!! Your advice actually worked!! I spent three hours yesterday trying to figure this out and you advice is the first adice that worked for me!! :D
ladydog > It Works!!
Nov 11, 2009 at 02:14 AM
Glad I was able to help....even Sony's solution didn't work...enjoy.
andarks > ladydog
Nov 25, 2009 at 10:31 PM
AWESOME!!!!
You are the man, I love you, my respects to you, and all the good things that a person can tell you.
I got another walkman like 2 years ago and I never learned how the f...k put videos in it. Dammed Sony, never specify well
xD
But thanks to you, now that I got the new sony walkman s series I could copy my first video.
Awesome

Thanks a lot for your explanation.
Artek PL > ladydog
Dec 29, 2009 at 06:12 AM
yeahhh ! you're real genius ! I couldn't fix this problem then I read your massage and now its all right ! Thank you soooo much !
Ok, I tried what "Ladydog" said. At the end it said: This device cannot start. (Code 10).
For any further info I am using the "Walkman NWZ-S544" on Windows Vista Business Service Pack 1.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
im having a strange problem
after I installed activesync for my phone the sony software doesnt see my walkman anymore
it pops up the window asking what to do "MTP Media player Windows can perform the same action each time you connect this device (Open device to view files Synchronize media filesto this device Take no action "

i have uninstalled activesync but it still doenst bring up the Content Transfer program
and even if I run the Content Transfer it doesnt see the walkman.

any ideas?
flashed the firmware on the walkman
fixed my problem
how do you flash it when sony doesn't provide us with any firmware files?!?!?!
where did you find the files? I accidently deleted the firmware files too on my mac -__-
i get get my fm radio to play on my sony walkman
Please help.
Every time it says : Installing Driver Software it just makes the big ! mark come again.
Even if it does "succeed".
Ok, I tried it again, it said it worked. But the big ! (exclamation mark) is still there. Any more solutions?
Through Window's Media Player I have been able to sync my files and/or choose what files I want on my player. I have only had music and .mov files for my purposes, but photos and whatever can go on as well. Just download this player for free from the Microsoft website if you don't have it.
Blocked Profile
Oct 16, 2009 at 03:48 AM
Dear Sir,

If you had obtained any CD installation with it,

please reinstall it.

This should fix your problem.

Thanks in advance.
thx bro .
even my problem got fixed
the way is to connect the walkman to the computer and click file to go to proeties
then highlight the walkmans name and click ok look on the right hand side there should be a list of options click the third option and press save then refresh the page and try out the song or songs you want to put on there

after that connect the complaint software aka the usb cord and cick sync media files or somehting like that

it should work after that
ok.
please help me to put it on
usb not detected