Ask a question Report

Sound problem with virus [Solved/Closed]

Jamescracker 4Posts Thursday February 21, 2008Registration date August 22, 2008Last seen - Latest answer on Jan 17, 2013 01:22PM
Hi i got a virus on my system and my anti virus does not detect the virus when am doing the scan.And now i am not getting sound and when i put an audio cd and try to play it..The program does not respond i have to end the process through task manager. What do you think should i do ?
Read more 
Answer
+47
moins plus
ive just found solution for this, just active or start the SERVICE on windows Audio , start/settings/control panel/administrative tools/services :

[IMG]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa48/ngiyaw88/soundproblemsolution.jpg/IMG

abhi- May 3, 2009 12:24PM
hi i am new for your forum this problem came to my and your answer helped me very well thanks a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooot
test- Jan 21, 2010 11:18PM
Thanks it works ver well
Mainers- Mar 16, 2010 07:41PM
Fantastic, I had tried so many things to get my sound back and nothing worked, but this did, truly amazing, thank you so much, you have made my day
midday- Jun 5, 2010 08:33AM
it is really work .........thanks a loooooooooooooooooooooot
Ender- Jan 17, 2013 01:22PM
ngiyaw, GREAT! Thanks a millon
Answer
+6
moins plus
The stone removed the battery from the computer and then install it again to restore factory settings for the computer because the virus changes in the initial preparation of a computer

Answer
+4
moins plus
I may be answering this the same way, but in different wording, but I had the same problem.

1. Go to your device manger and remove the audio device
2. Go into your drivers and remove the audio driver
3. From your provider reinstall the audio driver (mine was from the laptop manufacturer)
4. from your control panel add a new device and let the wizard find your audio device and reinstall it.

That worked for me, hope it works for you.

Answer
+1
moins plus
thanks ,it works

Answer
+0
moins plus
hi there,

what i would advise you is to use zonealarm as your antivirus you can get one from www.download.com and try once again to do a virus scan.

if it does not work then try also to reinstall the sound driver on your computer.

hope that this will help you

Answer
moins plus
HIeeeeee...Yeah itzzz a Kind Of Virus.But more den virus it is a bug frm microsoft wich disibale it..D onLy SoLution Is jst install anti-virus which has gud fire-wall like bit defender,quick heal...it will fix d prob...

:)

This document entitled « Sound problem with virus » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.