MY COMPAQ LAPTOP WON'T SHOW HARD DISK IN XP

Closed
SUJIT - Oct 13, 2009 at 03:13 AM
 TOm - Nov 30, 2009 at 05:11 AM
Hello,
My laptop Compaq Precerio C 700, Model No. C702TU, I bought this laptop January 08. Now my laptop operating System Windows Vista Home Edition, I format this operating system lots of time, couple of days i use Linux, also. but now i wanted Windows XP SP 2, but if i format this XP does not support, but Vista or Linux are supported. When I was boot XP SP 2, Computer show me some hardware error, means no hard disk detected in XP, if i was boot Vista & Linux no problem at all. please send me how i can solve out this problem.
Thanking u.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 13, 2009 at 03:24 AM
Dear Sir,

Please check out if you have installed a genuine copy.

It is clear from what you are saying that the operating

system itself is faulty, i will therefore advise you to

uninstall it and reinstall a good copy.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, iveal actually this is not the case of a genuine copy of windows. Actually his compaq laptop is intergrated with SATA drivers for Vista and the problem using Xp is that the Software do not have any drivers for the SATA. IF u see during the process of installation u will find "Press F6 if u need to install SCSi or raid driver" during installation. So my suggestion is to use A Nlite Software will will add all the drivers for SCSI or RAid driver without the use of floopy drive.