Itunes 9 installation failure

Solved/Closed
jogoh - Oct 6, 2009 at 05:35 AM
 Scarlett - Jul 1, 2010 at 01:17 PM
Hello,
everytime I try to install itunes 9 I get this error message when it says Publishing Product Information. the message reads like this: An error occurred during the installation of assembly'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", type="win32',version="8.0.50727.762",processorArchitecture="x86". Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT:0x80073712. somebody HELPPPPPPPPPP
Related:

10 responses

This error message keeps coming up for me as well, have you found a solution to the problem yet? I haven't been able to think of anything and no one knows how to fix it.
have you founda any solutions yet? i'm having the same probelm
youngg steezy
Mar 28, 2010 at 05:12 PM
i am having the same issue too .
man me to I already had itunes once, but for some reason I can download it any more
Same problem, was driving me insane: tried a system restore to before I tried to updateand that didn't work but then I deleted Bonjour and then restored quicktime and itunes and now they are back! Will be very cautious in downloading anymore itunes updates!
me too its the worst!!!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Jun 25, 2010 at 05:50 PM
Simply get the problem fixed through the below troubleshooting instructions.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201668

Thanks in advance.

Re: dist.urb
HiI had the same problem, think I just solved it. It wouldnt allow me to complete the install automatically or manually and kept saying it needed quicktime as well. I went on to the control panel, then went into firewall settings and selected the option that lets you select which programs firewall will allow through. On my PC quicktime wasnt selected. I checked the box and clicked apply and tried the install again and it worked! Hope this helps.
Hello. This worked for me:

1. Download and install 7-zip;
2. Right-click the iTunesSetup.exe icon and choose 7-zip> "Extract to iTunes\";
3. Next, double-click AppleApplicationSupport.msi and install;
4. Install everything but iTunes;
5. Install iTunes;
5. This should be it :-).
youngg steezy
Mar 28, 2010 at 05:14 PM
i did that , but it still keep popping up this error message saying;
An error occurred during the installation of assembly'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", type="win32',version="8.0.50727.762",processorArchitecture="x86". Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT:0x80073712.
mine stops on 46%. Have tried numerous times and sat here for 3 hours. Still not moving from 46%. Please help as now Ipod is useless with no songs on ect...
uberconfusion
May 18, 2010 at 05:44 PM
I tried the second step, but I don't see the 7-zip> "Extract to iTunes" thing.
thx aj-uk!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
give it a few tries.. worked for me after 4. a windows installer has stopped working box came up just before it worked too.
It seems that iTunes 9.1 is incompatable with windows 7. Right click on the iTunes icon choose the compatable option and walk through the wizard. It will restore iTunes to a pevious working version. Worked for me.
I get the sam error no one will fix it for me
mine is doin tht too
Did you manage to get the above sorted? I'm having the same problem and can't find what I need to do to rectify this,
Blocked Profile
Mar 31, 2010 at 06:06 PM
Dear Sir,

Simply get the problem fixed through the below troubleshooting instructions.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201668

Thanks in advance.
yeessss!!! thank you it worked!!!! I tried everything else and nothing!! finally!! itunes 9.2 on vista 64bit!!
I wish they would make this much clearer on the Apple website! Trying it now, hope it works (fingers crossed)!