Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Copying files to pen drive [Solved/Closed]

Ram - Latest answer on Nov 3, 2012 03:42AM
Hello,
I bought a pendrive from kingston 16 GB...Whenever i copy a single file larger than 4 GB its not copying into my pen drive...So can anyone explain why its not copying?...One of my friends told that, a single file of size 4 GB cannot be copied into any pendrive..Is that true?
Read more 
Answer
+116
moins plus
Had the same issue. Changed the file system from FAT to NTFS and it worked fine.
To convert FAT to NTFS, right click the drive name of pendrive -> select Format -> File system type select NTFS.
If NTFS is not available (only FAT is available), then Right click at pen drive -> Click Properties -> Select Hardware tab & click properties -> Goto Policies Tab -> Select Optimise for Performance. Now you should have NTFS in Format menu.
Hope this helps

Ami- Oct 15, 2012 05:41AM
wowwww! that actusally helped!! Thank a ton! Your a GENIUS! :)
RaghuCRam- Oct 21, 2012 04:57AM
Thanks sir Thanks sir Thanks sir Thanks sir
atinban9- Nov 1, 2012 09:17AM
thank you it really worked
pawan- Nov 2, 2012 06:33AM
thanks a lot........
deepu- Nov 3, 2012 03:42AM
Thank u so much...
Answer
+7
moins plus
I found a solution myself...My pendrive was in FAT 32 FILE SYSTEM, thats why i cannot copy a single ISO file of size 6GB...Later i changed my pendrive's file system to NTFS...After the conversion of file system to NTFS the single ISO file of size 6GB is easily copied in to my pendrive & even very quickly...Thanx to my BRAIN for thinking this much...hehehe :)

This document entitled « Copying files to pen drive » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.