Acer aspire one won't turn on

Solved/Closed
grace - Sep 29, 2009 at 01:03 AM
 grace - Oct 3, 2009 at 08:27 AM
hi,

i was using my one-year-old acer aspire one netbook. I just left it (plugged and all) for less than 5 mins and when I got back, the screen has already turned dead. thinking that it must've went into standby mode, I pressed the power button. instead of turning on, I heard a short 'click' and my acer went dead again. this has happened to me 3x before, and the last time this happened to me, I used the bios thing solution. I tried doing it again but it doesn't seem to work anymore. what should I do? :(
Related:

1 response

sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 219
Sep 29, 2009 at 02:40 AM
Hi,

I may be a hardware problem , I would advice you to contact your vendor.

Otherwise perhaps your computer is over heating or there is something causing a conflict.

Best thing to be done is to have a complete check up of your acer aspire :)
hi sadgurl,

thanks! I think i'll follow your advice and have my netbook checked. I tried turning my netbook on again a while ago and I was able to use it for about an hour. and then suddenly, it just went dead again and wouldn't turn on anymore. *sigh* perhaps it really is a hardware problem. :(

btw, (and this is for anyone), is there a way that I can get my files from my dead acer? I have a couple of documents there that I need to print asap and i'm afraid I have no back-up copies of those. :-S thanks again!