i have portable usb 500gb hard disk drive..i'm using win xp sp3..till one week ago the hard disk was working fine..then from no reason when i plugged it in the windows found the new hardware but didn't recognize it as a hard disk and wanted the drivers for it..and this hard drive doesn't need drivers..my other 2gb ub disc and mp3 players work fine when i connect them in the usb..i tried reinstalling windows,reinstalling usb drivers, changeing the usb kabel and nothing works..
when i plug in the hard drive in other computers it works just fine..
now i really don't know what to do..
thx for helping
- WIN XP DOESN'T RECOGNIZE 500GB USB HARD DISK
- Windows XP Won't Recognize WD Ext Hard Drive (Solved) » Forum - Windows XP
- External USB hard drive not recognized in Windows » How-To - Windows
- XP can't recognize hard drive for OS install (Solved) » Forum - Windows XP
- Second Hard Drive not recognized (Solved) » Forum - Hard drive
- Installing wndow xp in usb harddrive (Solved) » Forum - Windows XP
dude that sucks. i don't know how to resolve this, but what other computers did you use it with before this happened... consider if they had a virus or something of that sort, then go out and by a cheap 1g thumbdrive from wallmart and test it on that computer, then see if it works on your computer. if it doesn't then make the other computer's owner buy you another harddisk, i know it won't make up for the lost data, and if theres nothing wrong i'm sorry. worst case scenario tho, you didn't plug it into someone elses computer.