Search optin not appers in start menu

Solved/Closed
shiben_s Posts 6 Registration date Tuesday July 22, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2008 - Jul 23, 2008 at 06:59 AM
 iffi - Nov 30, 2012 at 03:08 AM
Hello,

in my computer search option was not appearing in start menu, when I click the search icon in standard toolbar
nothing is happening I have avg 8 anti virus with full updated ,i scanned virus and remove the virus after that from
next two days I noticed that the search option was disappeared from star menu I changed the start menu to classic and slandered but it eas not seen
Related:

8 responses

doesnt matter
Dec 18, 2008 at 03:06 PM
this may be the solution :right click ur start menu and go to properties then there will be a start menu button at the top of the thing that pops up then click customize then click advanced then the 6th last line (on mine anways) says search which u can take things away from start menu that are on the side
This may be the solution :right click ur start menu and go to properties then there will be a start menu button at the top of the thing...Bla bla bla... I tried that 5-6 times! It's still no use! don't you have any idea to solve this miserable problem!?
Thank you very much,my problem is solved in seconds
me too. saved me having to reinstall windows after trying alot of things that I ahve never been in but did not see the options under propertie
Formatting is the Answer to restore back the search option....again after that check ur activities on the system most likely one ur storage device flash, cd, tape drive e.t.c is infected abstain from old storage devices or format them before usage
please help me load this game on to this computer please that you
if your search option was not appearing on the menu, try to restart your computer manually then if it continues why not format the computer and reload it let see if it will appear or better still repair the windows with your softwares I believe it will come up difinitely.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
i repaired winxp but still search is not working ,after that msconfig is not coming and when I type regedit in run command the system automatically restart

i think the better wy is format windows and re load

thankyou
first you have to remove virus from ur computer nod 32 is better antivirus

- Enabling search
If you're comfortable with regedit use it and see if you can find the following entry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFind

If "NoFind" has the value "01 00 00 00" change it to "00 00 00 00" and it will probably solve your problem. You will need to restart ("log off & log in" will probably suffice).

Hope this solves your problem.
Or

- Try turning of Indexing Services

start/ run/ services.msc

scroll to Indexing Service

Stop the service, see if that helps
Or
- try the following commands

start/run

regsvr32 urlmon.dll
regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 wshom.ocx

you should get a message after each command that it has succeeded

- Enabling task manager
Click Start, Run and type this command exactly as given below: (better - Copy and paste)

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Enabling regedit

1. Click Start, Run and type this command:

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
Hi shibi,

Thanks for your solution. now I find the search option in start menu.
My operating System systrm window XP SP 2 . I have a probliem that in my start menu search option not appear. I have try more to more scan my system by avira & AVG antivirus. Please send me solution if its possible.
search option not appers in start menu
Thanks a lot; issue resolved................. :-)