Virusremoval.vbs

Solved/Closed
neel - Jul 15, 2008 at 07:40 AM
 Yng - May 23, 2013 at 08:59 PM
Hello,
When I boot my machine it gives an error " Script not found. Virusremoval.vbs missing" please suggest me the way to get out of it.

6 responses

when I start the PC it show the message can not find script file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\virusremoval.vbs"

Please suggest me

thanks

regards

neeraj kumar jain
jaipur (india)
When I start computer I get message "can not find script file windows\system32\virusremoval.vbs"
what can I do to solve this problem? pl suggest
Hi Did You get the Solution for this problem if yes please let me know I have got the same problem.
Would be very thankfulto you
thankssss.....bro its work.....
I get the same problem and find a solution as below:

1. From the start menu click 'Run' -> type 'Regedit'

2. Registry Editor will open

3. In the Registry Editor, go to Edit menu and press find

4. In the find dialog box type - virusremoval.vbs and press find next button
5. The search will end at some folder in the registry at the key - "userint"; doubleclick it; you will find many paths separated by commas - eg: c:windows/system32/userinit.exe,c:/windo... and so on. Among those paths you will find "C:\windows\system32\virusremoval.vbs". Delete the path. Ensure that remaining paths are unaltered so that your genuine scripts are not affected.

6. Press F3 (find next) to see if the same path exists somewhere else in your registry. If found again at some other place remove the path there also.

7. Repeat F3 until you get a message that search has finished.

Thank you,
Narendra Singh
Nov 23, 2008 at 08:28 AM
Usman Bhai,

I am also facing the same problem, as per yr solution when I try to open regedit, I am getting the message that "Administrator has disabled registry editing. since this is a home PC who is the administrator, I presume who so ever installed the computer can only access. Can I still do it, Pl. let me know.
ashu > Narendra Singh
Dec 18, 2008 at 07:36 PM
save this and in comp and double click on file so that regedit will be enabled
http://www.dougknox.com/security/scripts/regtools.vbs
Hi

Your suggestion was very good it was very help full I am very thankful to you,

But I have a new problem after this it pops up

windows script host setting

Please suggest me if you can help in this
hi usman problem is that when I went to find it is showing me wscript.exe virusremoval.vbs I have xp professional pack3 black edition
i tried wat u said ... but by mistake I have deleted some other exe file .. now my lap is booting but is getting logged off at the same time ..
thats ur mistake

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
thanks I hope its works when I re start my PC....
Gervarod Posts 306 Registration date Saturday March 27, 2010 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2014 21
Sep 26, 2010 at 01:11 PM
if it does not please make a new thread as you may not get any help from this one as the case has been solved ok buddy.
Just copy important files of ur c drive to another and format ur c drive