Window Vista PC cannot access Internet

Closed
Goldwing - Aug 24, 2009 at 10:40 PM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Aug 25, 2009 at 12:05 PM
Hello,
I had a Linksys WRT54G Version 5 that died over the weekend. I replaced it with another WRT54G version 5. I configured the second router the same as the first one. All the PCs (wired and wireless) running Windows XP can access the network and the Internet. I have only two PCs running Windows Vista (one wired, the other wireless) they both can access the Network but not the Internet.
Any idea why only the Vista PCs can access the Network but not the Internet and yet the PC running Windows XP can access Network and Internet?
Related:

1 response

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Aug 25, 2009 at 12:05 PM
have you checked the IP addresses/firewall of the vista machines

shut all equipment down, all computers, modems routers etc.

wait a bit.
power up your modem ....wait.....wait for 30seconds or so untill yoour modem has gone through its selftest and reconnected to your ip provider again.

when all lights are up that should be, power up your router. again let it go through its self test etc. wait till all lights lit that should be.

turn your first computer on, once up test connections.
do this with all your computers, one at a time.

see if that helps.