All my contacts have been deleted

Solved/Closed
spartacus - Aug 24, 2009 at 10:06 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 2, 2010 at 06:15 AM
Hello,
i downloaded the new windows live messenger 9 and when I signed in all my contacts that I had were deleted what should I do? I really need help to sort this out cause I want to talk to my friends again
Related:

3 responses

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Aug 24, 2009 at 10:17 AM
Try this
"I recovered my contacts by doing the following. Clicked on Tools, Options, Privacy. Right Click on Entries in the Allow List that you wish to recover. Click on Add to Contacts. They went straight back onto the list without having to contact the person. Grouping and Nicknames had been lost. Not sure if it helps everyone here or not."

otherwise, from what I can make out this is a very common issue with version 9

go back to your previous version if the above does not help.

until ms fix the issue
iv forgot wich version I had before and I cant find the entries in the allow list
Thaaankss soo much , was about to cry having lost my 80 contactss ,
Reali thanks this was like SUUUUPPPEEER hellpfull
Last to say .... THANKS =P
Thxx I had this problem and this was very helpfull :) , I got my contacts back again ;)
Nice one mate :) still wanna know why my entire contact list got removed, but at least I have my contacts back. Thank you!
Thankyou soo much!
You are a big lifesaver (:
xx
Thanks for the advice.
But I didn't just lose my MSN contact list, I also lost all of my hotmail contacts and all of my hotmail emails :/
Blocked Profile
Oct 2, 2010 at 06:15 AM
Hey there, please get the problem solved through the below steps.

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/social-media-instant-messaging/1831-what-happened-to-msn-messenger/

Thanks.