Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

My Multiplayer Call of Duty 4 is not working! [Solved/Closed]

Tizzy-Bizzy - Latest answer on Jan 18, 2013 10:11AM
Hello,
I have just bought Call of Duty 4 and a new laptop. When i try an go on singleplayer it works perfectly, but the problem comes when i go on multiplayer. I start to load it up, it starts up but then it says 'iw3mp has stopped working'. What do i do?
My Computer specs;
Sony Vaio VGN-NR21Z/S Notebook Core 2 Duo (T8100) 2.10GHz 3072MB (1x2GB + 1x1GB) 250GB 15.4 inch WXGA TFT DVD±RW DL/RAM Modem WLAN Vista Home Premium (nVidia GeForce 8400M GT 128MB) - Silver
PLEASE HELP!!
Read more 
Answer
+62
moins plus
Its a glitch on vista, just plug in a headset and mic before you run cod4 multiplayer and it will work

WiZdoM- Dec 2, 2009 09:22PM
Awesome fix man, couldn't figure it out for nothing, thx!
luc- Dec 6, 2009 11:04PM
hey mate
my call of duty modern warfare 2 isnt working for multiplayer, yet singleplayer works fine
ive tried plugging a headset/mic in but it still doesnt work
any ideas on how to fix it?
jak- Dec 10, 2009 10:34AM
Thanks Man at the moment im trying headphone and an old mic, i cant find my mic though i have plugged the headphones into mic socket and it atleast start up now but now it gives me an error is this beacause there is not both of them plugged in or is it because its dodgy and giving me errors? it would help if any1 could solve this Thanks

p.s (it doesn't show servers either)
jak- Dec 10, 2009 10:39AM
when i load it up it says unable to find image rpg_7 any ideads onto fixing it?thanks jak
Christian- Jan 15, 2010 04:48PM
I have the same problem, but once I click 'Join Servers'. Plugging in the mic does not do a thing. Somebody please help!
Answer
+17
moins plus
Go in your control panel click in the sounds option then right click the epty white box and click disable thing first one. and go in mic. and activate sterio.

Answer
+11
moins plus
People Of world who ever is having troble with COD4...just recover your computer and then install COd4 again and it will work perfectly...

and when you start to play it...meet me in multiplayer my name is Dark_knight...

starvie- May 28, 2011 05:49PM
ok then
Answer
+10
moins plus
Don't know why my last message got deleted? It was perfectly reasonable and was the answer to this problem. Well if this help, and isn't deleted! You need to go to hardware and sound. After this go into sound. There will be 3 tabs within this window. Go to the recording tab. In here you should see something called stereo mix. This needs to be enable or disabled depending on what it is already set to. I hope this helps. It worked for me and my friends.

xxfirexxz- Feb 5, 2009 05:33PM
THNX ALOT MAN!!! THIS REALLY WORKS!!! HAZZJAZ WAY WORKS AND ITS FASTER!!
Salsa- Feb 6, 2009 01:36PM
can't find this on vista?the problem still persists with the erorr report now not imp3. has stopped working
SPuDMaN- Feb 28, 2009 04:50PM
Thankyou so much hazzjazz i just bought a new vista set and when i got call of duty it wasnt working and i was really getting angry so thanks. Cheers
PainCakes- May 29, 2011 08:48AM
sorry this thread is so old, but when i do what you say, the stereo mix doesnt show up.
dinxton24 1Posts Friday January 18, 2013Registration date January 18, 2013Last seen - Jan 18, 2013 10:11AM
THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Answer
+5
moins plus
Here is the fix. Go to my computer / devices then disable your sound card. Then go in COD4, ALT+TAB, then enable your sound card again. Then go to sound settings in COD4 then click through the sound cards until it goes back to the one it was set for... i believe is milesfast 2d audio... then it should be working fine.

NIGHTLIFEphantom- Dec 26, 2008 01:12PM
I forgot to add.. once you click through the sound cards and click on the one you had before.. you must hit apply. Good luck.
Answer
+3
moins plus
KRIS!

YOU ARE MY MASTER!!!!! ALL SUGEST IN THIS TOPIC DOESEN'T WORK FOR ME! ONLY YOUR WORK!!!! THX YOU LORD!

Answer
+2
moins plus
hey, dunno if u solved it yet, think you might hav, but if u hav no headset and mic, try this. go into control panel , then into hardware and sound, then into sound, then into the tab which says recording. in this section there is usually a thing called stereo mix. disable or enable it depending on what it is already set to. it worked for me and 5 m8s. good luck. :)

Dill- Apr 20, 2011 01:20PM
hi, im using windows7 and had the crashing at the start... tryed all the other methods till i came to hazzjaz's solution and after hours of trying to get it working i shat my pants when it saw the main menu... thanks heaps
Answer
+2
moins plus
Just plug a mic in your pc i dont no why it works but it dos with mine hop it works :)

Answer
+2
moins plus
Dam plugged in my head set and it worked first time. thanks people

Answer
+2
moins plus
Believe it or not, i just upgraded to Windows 7, myself, and encountered that issue.

On a tip from a forum like this one, someone suggested that I plug in the headphones and a microphone. Not having a headset, I got out a microphone from my stereo equipment that had the same size mic jack as the PC. I plugged it in. My headphones were already plugged in.

Oddly enough, IT WORKED!

I then closed Modern Warfare, then pulled out the MIC, then restarted it. It didn't work!

I plugged the mic back in, and it worked, so I just have the mic plugged in all the time now.

I was totally skeptical that this would work, but I think you should try it. I think I know the type of programming error that caused it. Windows 7 may have changed one or more multimedia instructions, making the subroutine that checks the mic work differently. A patch from Activision should fix this, but it's not a serious issue. Just plug a mic into the Mic jack, and you should be back to your killing.

Answer
+1
moins plus
Answer
+1
moins plus
Thanks so much Mark!!!

Answer
+0
moins plus
i would like to thank mark for the help i did not know there was a glitch on vista. and now i can play multiplayer!

Answer
+0
moins plus
You wont believe this but.. plug in a mic.. ys a microphone.. i has something to do with the sound and audio settings interfering and a mic does a good job of fixing it.. look around the net for some advice so u dont have to plug a mic in all the time but it worked for me and yes i know its almost un believable

angus- Jul 24, 2009 05:19AM
its insane, i searched for hours when i got cod4. and yes this actually does work, some sound cards like Realtek ones. mainly realtek have problems with it. anything with the 2.5mm jack will work not just microphones. but something has to be plugged into it when you start the game.
Answer
+0
moins plus
Omg thanks you soo much mark ;)

This document entitled « My Multiplayer Call of Duty 4 is not working! » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.