Deleting applications from fake iPhone

Solved/Closed
bandaid - Aug 11, 2009 at 12:23 PM
 galactus - Jul 23, 2010 at 10:35 AM
Hello, bandaid here.

I recently acquired a fake iPhone from China with many applications (games, etc) in Chinese characters. Not Chinese myself I understand nothing of what these applications are actually for. Worse, they take up all the space in the memory card. I want to delete all the applications in Chinese so I can copy music, ebooks, audiobooks, etc. into the fake iPhone. I hooked the phone to the computer and deleted some folders manually but the Chinese applications are still there. I tried pressing hard onto the screen, which made all the icons wiggle/dance but there are no "x" marks for me to press on so I could delete them.

I don't know what kind of phone model was used for the fake iPhone I have. Suffice it to say that it looks very much like the real iPhone 3G. I just want to free A LOT OF SPACE. I currently have only 360KB left.

360KB?!?!?!?!

Please, help!
Related:

2 responses

hi, well I had the same problem with it you have too the icon were it says "slides" and over there will be all your folders and you could delet them from there and or go to file maneger and you could format the phone ..
I have one of those chinese phones too! If yours is like mine (a sort of heavier ipod touch with call capability) you should be able to fit a 2-8 gb micro-sd-memory card in there under the case above the battery? I left all the chinese things where they are because I was scared I might accidentally delete an operating system!!? but I can add tunes pictures and audiobooks straight to the card when I plug the phone up to the pc. Works a treat!