Ask a question Report

Javascript/adobe problem [Solved]

crashh - Latest answer on Jul 15, 2010 05:50AM
Hello,
I have installed the latest adobe flash player and all that. and i have javascript turned on and everything .. but websites that need it such as youtube wont let me because they say i need the latest adobe flashplayer which when i dowload i get the 'completion video' so i presume it has downloaded yet it still doesnt work ... can anyone help me please!!
Read more 
Answer
+106
moins plus
thank you.Now i can watch youtube ok
Matt- Dec 10, 2008 01:12PM
How'd you get it to work?
windows xp- Dec 14, 2008 01:40PM
i have also the same problem ,so some one tell what can i do?
Add comment
Answer
+37
moins plus
I had the SAME PROBLEM!! I TRIED EVERYTHING TO FIX IT....THIS IS THE ONLY THING THAT WORKED!

I checked many times to make sure all my "settings" were right....they were.
Then,
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both java and all adobe software TWICE....I even disabled my internet security in case it was some ad-blocker problem...still, it would not work.

THIS WORKED...and although you probably think you already did this, TRY THESE LINKS....THEY HELPED ME.

The first one to go to to unisntall JUST THE FLASH PLAYER ONLY is:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157

Then you have to reinstall the FLASH PLAYER by going to:

http://www.adobe.com/...

This really did work. I was pleasantly surprised after spending an entire afternoon trying to find out why I couldn't play flash videos although my java was turned on and I had all the latest updates. Hope this helps you, too!!!
Stacy- May 17, 2009 07:34PM
Hey girl! Cant thank you enough for helping me with this pest of a problem! I have been working on fixing this problem for 3 weeks now, read all kinds of instructions and yours is the only one that worked! Thank you so much!
infidel_14- May 28, 2009 02:59AM
ThanKs Jennifer! you are definately the messiah!
Cody- Jun 23, 2009 10:59PM
JENNIFER YOU ARE A LIFESAVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XOXO
chuckee- Jul 22, 2009 12:53PM
i dont get the pop up ya know the one that says . THIS WEBSITE WANTS YOU TO IN STALL ACTIVE X .
Durga- Feb 14, 2010 09:48PM
OMG...IT Worked!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much! :)
Add comment
Answer
+20
moins plus
I have download the latest flash player and i have java script turned on but i can open youtube's videos.what to do...?
CoCo863- Dec 7, 2008 09:30PM
do you have verizon cause every since we got that service our computer has been messing up on the computer?
Mr Dude- Dec 9, 2008 09:51AM
I have RCN and still have the same problem. I uninstalled the flash player, downloaded the latest and reinstalled twice, still no luck. Seems like this is a common problem as of late. I wonder if it's a problem with the latest version.
g- Mar 20, 2009 10:15AM
i think abode and you tube are in it together conning people into download their products ka ching
Add comment
Answer
+7
moins plus
Are you downloading by manual?

Try saving it to the desktop then installing from there!
Add comment
Answer
+6
moins plus
Hello,
I have installed the latest adobe flash player and all that. and i have javascript turned on and everything .. but websites that need it such as youtube wont let me because they say i need the latest adobe flashplayer which when i dowload i get the 'completion video' so i presume it has downloaded yet it still doesnt work ... can anyone help me please!!
arya- Apr 14, 2009 06:49AM
hello,
my name is arya i have the same problem with youtube it says that your java is turned off.
you can go to ask.com and when you entered write how to turn on java script on youtube maybe they help you
Azhar- Aug 15, 2009 02:48PM
hey which version of windows are you currently using
arya- Apr 14, 2009 06:51AM
hello,
my name is arya i have the same problem with youtube it says that your java is turned off.
you can go to ask.com and when you entered write how to turn on java script on youtube maybe they help you.

at your service,
arya
khalid- May 24, 2009 04:46PM
I RECIEVE THIS MESSEGE WHEN I WANT TO WATCH YOUTUBE FILIES (Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player. )
ashu- Aug 7, 2009 05:24AM
Hello,
Add comment
Answer
+4
moins plus
hi i am complaining that everytime i go to youtube or myspace they wont let you see videos they will say you either have javascript turned off or have the latest version of flashplayer
Logite- Jan 30, 2009 08:28AM
IT a lot of cases this problem is due to having ad blocking set to ON in your anti virus software. turning it to OFF will fix the problem. Hope this helps
dali71- Feb 12, 2009 12:45AM
Thanks friend, you were right, it worked for me.
Is it any way to leave the ad block on but not getting youtube stuck?
newt Logite - Feb 14, 2009 02:31PM
Thanks soooooo much! This solved my problem that i've been plagued with for the last year or so!~!!!!!! I just had to uninstall adblock.
Tools> Add ons. And then I just chose uninstall in the new popup window next to adblock.
Thanks again. I can finally listen to music on myspace now!
jessie Logite - Mar 2, 2009 12:58AM
ur so awesome.... thank you... i had done everything and was about to throw my computer to the wall when I came across this info.... it's great and it really works... thanks again
prithu Logite - Mar 5, 2009 07:59PM
i am using NOD32. I couldnt find the option for blocking adware. Where do i disable it? please help
Add comment
Answer
+3
moins plus
thank you, turn off adblock can fix it.
Add comment
Answer
+2
moins plus
hey i have a problem to.. every time i download java it says it has encountered a problem putting it on and some times even though it says that it still works but i every time i upen up my browser i have to download java like 10 times for it to finally work so i can watch youtube and stuff. And about the flash player it says i cant download it because i have a 64 bit browser and i need a 32 bit browser. anyway does anyone know whats wrong with that stuff because that stupid java is really annoying i have to download it every time i open my browser just to watch youtube n stuff.
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
hey, i'm having the same problem with the JavaScript adobe flash... i keep installing it but i still have problems. How do I fix it.
anudari2008- Jan 6, 2009 09:49AM
hey, i'm having the same problem with the JavaScript adobe flash... i keep installing it but i still have problems. How do I fix it.
farhat- Feb 11, 2009 08:25AM
hey!
I have recently instlled my Window XP 2004 pack one. but when i m going to download Adobe flash player 10. it shows that you have either java script turned off or old version of flsh player when i want to play any video by youtube. how i will fix this problem.
kindly let me know asap
bcbear- Mar 2, 2009 12:41PM
Same problem as everyone else are encountering it appears. I've down loaded everyhting as recommended but U TUBE will still not open any videos. A error message appears and informs me I need to update my version or install Java Scipting so my computer can play UTube items ????
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
Go to the 'Safari' pulldown (upper left corner) and hit 'reset Safari.' It's that simple, if you have learned how!
Kalpesh- Apr 11, 2009 04:28AM
Hi,
Thanks Dude It Works,

Again Thanks.....
Evergreen Camm - May 11, 2009 10:11PM
Thanks, Camm! It worked! Yay!
Kurausu Camm - Aug 1, 2009 03:49AM
wait, what do you mean 'open' where do I go to open this? I'm a bit confused. but the thing is I'm using an older version of windows. I'm using ME. I've got flash to work before, but I can't remember how I did it. I remember installing Java and then Flash then it worked, but when I tried again, it didn't work at all.
niki- Feb 16, 2009 10:46PM
what exactly is "safari"?
Ziq- Sep 3, 2009 09:09PM
i don know too
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
I signed in to give a heads up on this issue. I tried all the solutions posted here and none worked for me. I came across a very simple solution on one on the sites and it worked immediately.
Please follow the steps to check the add-ons
1. Go to TOOLS on Internet Explorer.
2. MANAGE ADD-ONS
3. Under Adobe System Incorprated, check the status of "Shockwave Flash Object"
4. If disabled, click on it and enable it and Voila!
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
yes you computer may be at risk because of not updating such viruse pertaction and system update.or you download a file from ontenet that its blocking the adbeflashplayer.
Add comment
Answer
+1
moins plus
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
Everyone if you have this sort of prob listen to Jen excellent discovery it helped alot thanks :D.
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
Jennifers uninstall and reinstall tip worked great! Nice one!

Follow that advice and it should be sorted. Takes one minute tops.
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
@jennifer! Thanks this worked! My Son was having problems watching YouTube! Thanks!!
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
I got the same problem. When i want to see something at youtube they say i don't have the lated version of adobe flash player...
I used all things to get it worked. but if i want to instal flash player they wont let me instal, only on internet explorer 8 i can instal but not on safari 4 or firefox 3. When i installed on internet explorer 8 i can see movies there but not on safari 4 or firefox 3 (i want to see there)... i need help!
(I use safari 4)
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
Ive been having this problem for ages and randomly came accross this fix for me which worked perfectly and i hope it works for anyone else having this problem as its been a thorn in my side for ages!!!

Go onto any Youtube vidoe page where you get the 'hello, either you have javascript turned off or an old version of adobe's flash player. get the latest flash player.' message.
On the right side of your toolbar there is an drop down called 'Page', click on this and select 'Compatability View'

Then it started working immediately.

Hope this works for others too!
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi Dude,
Thank you.
This work for me ...

Regards,
Akhil Bohra
Add comment
1 2 Next
This document entitled « javascript/adobe problem » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.