Ask a question Report

Use both headphone/speaker jacks [Solved/Closed]

scottyboy - Latest answer on Nov 23, 2012 12:28AM
hi
im using a studio 15 with windows 7. i have 2 headphone jacks and when i plug a speaker in each jack it only plays sound through one of the two. i can go to control panel and change the default speaker to switch between the two, but i cant play both at the same time. is there any way i can play sound through both speakers simultaneously?
Read more 
Answer
+93
moins plus
I've got the front and back audio connectors working simultaniously on my Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R) with Realtec drivers.

Activate the 'Mute the rear output device when a front headphone plugged in' under the advanced settings menu.

Click on Folder Icon next to Analog. Click on the 'Disable Front Panel Jack Detection' button.

I've got both green connectors set to headphone.

Only the 'Speakers' icon is showing....no '2nd Output Device' is showing.

It has always worked for me.

Speak Easy- Sep 19, 2010 11:39AM
Thanks Red Fire! The solution worked perfect for me!
Ambucias 20650Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus May 24, 2015Last seen - Sep 19, 2010 05:20PM
This Red_of_fire is a wizz!
:D- Nov 5, 2012 08:08AM
Thanks. Worked !!!
emre- Nov 18, 2012 06:28PM
Simple and works. Thank you!
Answer
+6
moins plus
Go to sound manager by clicking right on icon of sound on taskbar,
then click on the folder icon.. now you should know what you are supposed to be doing.
*/ I am having windows 7 and realtek audio /*

Answer
+5
moins plus
i've connected the headphones to the usb but not able to listen to any songs.. i am using xp service pack 2.. plz can u suggest me regarding

Answer
+3
moins plus
Hello. I have almoust the same problem........ If I plug in my headphones when there are already pluged my speakers computer dont reciognize the headphones.... If I unplug my speakers and then plug my headphones in the same, headphones works! Microphone works independetly of both.
Can anyone help?

Answer
+2
moins plus
Thanks Harshil - that's exactly right. Only it takes a while to identify the folder icon above the jacks, and realize that's what you're looking for.

Answer
+2
moins plus
Guys I Think You Should Buy An Audio Splitter. Which You Can Plug It Into Any Of The Jacks . So When You Connect It .It Splits The Jacks Into 2 So You Can Connec Both The Headphones And Speakers :)

Answer
+1
moins plus
Me also have the same problem... Pls give us any solution. Thanks

This document entitled « use both headphone/speaker jacks » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.