Admin on Vista?

Solved/Closed
Nikky28 - Jan 23, 2008 at 08:59 AM
 Alexandra - Mar 22, 2012 at 08:56 PM
Hello,
How to run Windows Vista as Administrator? Seems to be a very simple question, but for the life of me I can't find where to change this over?

7 responses

Anonymous User
Jan 25, 2008 at 12:22 PM
Yes, this is a bit simple!
1.Open Windows Menu (between CTRL and ALT) or in the tasks bar
2.You click on your session image (avatar) on the top
3.You click on "Change my account type"
4.And "Utilisator" become "Administrator"

If the computer doesn't let you to accept the modifications, it' because you have to be an administrator to change it.
Open an administrator account and make the same manipulation but click on "Change another account".

PS:If my message isn't very comprehensive, it's because I'm french and I try to make effort to speak English.
I perfectly understand if you won't be able to understand what I've wrote.
Best and easiest answer I've found yet -- thank you.
I cant get log in to my computer and I dont know trough the safe mode
hey what about if your not the administrator and some 1 else is how do u delete theres cuz iv tryed cmd and stuff like that but it dnt work plz help any 1
That was the best answer!!! So simple and so clear!
Thanks a lot!
I was not the one posting the original question, but I found your answer most helpful and your English very well articulated. Thank you.
I can see that this works, but will the admin notice that I manipulated windows to become admin? I want to do this on my school pc.

Sorry about my English, I'm from norway.
Anonymous User
Sep 1, 2009 at 04:44 AM
You have to get the Administrators Rights to change your account from Utilisator to Administrator. So you need to go the Admin account on the computer (teachers' account) and make the student account admin. Teachers won't notice anything about your account type change but maybe they will see that you used their account.

But, I just have a question for you about that. If you can use the teacher account to change your account type, why don't you just use the teacher account itself ?

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Anonymous User
Sep 2, 2009 at 04:52 AM
Yes but the first problem was not how to become an administrator without the right to become one (which is by the way forbidden on that website) but how to become an administrator with an admin account.
I can't use my teacher's account

Thanks anyway
Anonymous User
Sep 3, 2009 at 11:23 AM
So you can use the solution Anonymous gave you. But let me tell you that if you don't have the right to do that (given by the Administrator) this is forbidden. Usually, Kioskea doesn't allow people to give that kind of solution.