I have a Dell Studio 1737 laptop with an HDMI port. I'm trying to connect it to a 42" Vizio HDTV (brand new). It's worked once, but that's it. Not again. I connect the HDMI cable to the TV and it just says "No Signal!"
- Dell inspiron hdmi output not working
- Dell HDMI Port Not Working
- Dell lattituce wont display hdmi
- Dell laptop HDMI to TV won't work anymore » Forum - Laptop
- External monitor with laptop won't work (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- XP startup prob: blue screen, reboot, repeat (Solved) » Forum - Windows XP
- External Monitor for laptop (Solved) » Forum - Laptop
- Dell laptop but Headphone Jack Doesn't Work » Forum - Laptop
I had this same problem. Took me a while but I figured it out. Right click on desktop and select "Personalize". Next click on "Display". You should see "connect to a projector" on the left. Select it then select duplicate. Its that simple.
After selecting video input connection type (hdmi) on hd tv, try right clicking on desktop and go to graphics options. Select desktop plus hd tv or just hd tv. This works with Dell Studio 1555 and Sony Bravia hd tv using the hdmi inputs.
I had that same issue...update the video card driver.