Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Battery not charging inspiron 1525 [Solved/Closed]

greeny20 - Latest answer on Dec 12, 2012 02:01PM
Hello,
Ive had a problem with the battery light flashing red .I called dell who done several checks on my laptop and finally agreed to send me a new battery.However when installing the new battery the laptop indicates plugged in but not charging(red light does not flash though).Any ideas of what i should do?Many thanks
Read more 
Answer
+118
moins plus
try turning off laptop removing battery and charger. press and hold power button for 5-10 secs put battery back in and try again worked 4 me.

Answer
+24
moins plus
I had the same problem I just updated the BIOS and now it's charging. Try this it worked for me. Download the update from Dell's website you need at least 10% charge on the battery for it to run after you download. Get your service tag # from the bottom of the laptop and plug into Dell download siteb to get pointed to the correct update.

Answer
+17
moins plus
Thanks for your advice ,i have replaced the charger and it seems to have done the trick.I have found out that had it not been the charger then it would have been a problem with the mother board.

MICHAEL- Feb 25, 2010 09:48AM
BROTHER IT SEEMS THAT U R NOT THE ONLY ONE HAVE THE SAME PROPLEM I HAVE UR PROPLEM EXACTLY SAME AND I NEED UR HELP?

SO I WANT TO ASK WHEN U CHANGED UR CHARGER IT HELP 2 SOLVE THE PROPLEM OR ITS SOME THING WITH THE MOTHER BOARD ?
Jhondrew125- Jun 8, 2010 02:02AM
hey man i have the same problem but wtih my Dell inspiron 1545 charger is not charging the battery , its on 0% now and its only wroking with the AC. Power charger but the laptop don't recognize the charger .....so i just asking if u change the baterrt ?? or the charger only .?????..................................... and also now the power led from white turns to Ambar and blinks for 5 secs and then back to white idk what to do so mail me if u got to fix ur laptop i heard that it can mother board problems too :/
CLou- Jul 3, 2010 10:46PM
I've been through 2 chargers, with my Dell Inspiron 1525, now once again my charger that I paid $85 for is not working. It's not that old, 6 months maybe. 5 did get it to work yesterday and managed to charge my battery to full powers. But today not so lucky. My lights on the front are always blue,, although he battery light is not on. Don't you think if more people have the same problem . . . .seems funny to me. Could it be a glitch in the chargers?
Answer
+10
moins plus
Dear Sir,

I think that there must be a problem with the charger,

I will advise you trying another charger of the same model and see if it's charging or not

Thanks

Answer
+9
moins plus
Thank you so much suff 954, this worked perfectly and saved me a big headache and further searching for clues. Much appreciated! Two laptops from the same company, two seemingly identical power cords, only once coputer having battery issues. Just switched the power cords and now both are fine. Thanks again.

Answer
+9
moins plus
You can try to download the update from Dell's website you need, get your service tag # from the bottom of the laptop under battery and plug into Dell download site to get pointed to the correct update.

Answer
+7
moins plus
I have had the same problem the solution is not to replace the battery or charger. The fault is with the charger jack on the motherboard, you can purchase a new charger jack from eBay for 6. Strip the laptop down to the motherboard and replace.

Answer
+6
moins plus
Have you ever noticed any messages at power up regarding the AC adapter type? If not, then it sounds like your battery is dead. If you post back your service tag, I will have a look and inquire about a warranty exception.

This document entitled « Battery not charging inspiron 1525 » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.