Someone hacked my yahoo account

Solved/Closed
letty - Jul 26, 2009 at 09:51 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 24, 2012 at 04:31 PM
Hello,
pls help me.someone hacked my yahoo account and used it to send letters in my name... intended to scam.I was surprised how come that person sent letters to my friends and told my friens overseas that I was stranded in a hotel in Africa and that person was asking my friends to help me financially.It was shocking.my friends replied the email because they think i was the one.That hacker really asked for money and asked my friends to call a number that starts with +23 country code.In that letter, it stated that (the hacker stated) that because i can't pay my hotel bills and that I lost my passports and all,my friens should notify the hotel directo.I am very angry with this.
May I know pls how come this hacker got into my account?

3 responses

Its possible that theres a virus on your computer if there are emails being sent from your account. you should also change the password for your email account.

if you really wanna make sure theres nothing on there then get www.fixedlikemagic.com to check it out.. they'll clean the computer up completely and probably speed it up too, its really cheap too
Someone hacked my yahoo! I was blocked after so many tries. Thank goodness for smartphones! I had the option to login using my Google account and it worked
today my yahoo id hacked by someone.pls help me as soon as possible
Hey! What happened then? I had the very same problem on September 21st. But the e-mail my friends received said I was in Spain!
Meanwhile I can;t send any e-mails and I'm not receiving any either, plus all my contacts are gone! What should I do?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,172
Sep 24, 2012 at 04:31 PM