HP Recovery Disk Creation Problem...

Closed
UmbilicalNoose Posts 1 Registration date Saturday July 18, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 19, 2009 - Jul 19, 2009 at 01:24 PM
 liberty4usanow - Apr 17, 2010 at 11:59 PM
Hi...

I have an HP tx1000 Tablet PC. I'm trying to create Recovery Disks now; but when I open the Recovery Disk Creator, the initial window appears, and there when I click next, it's supposed to gather files and information. However, as soon as the next button is clicked, it displays a "Cancelling in progress" window, and then it says "Recovery Disk creation will resume the next time you run the program".

I haven't created Recovery Disks before, so I'm really not sure what to do with this... my comp's in a pretty bad state, and I need to restore it before things get outta hand. So any help here will be appreciated...

Thanks in Advance :)...
Related:

3 responses

liberty4usanow
Apr 17, 2010 at 11:59 PM
I had the same problem with immediate cancellation of the process. I started looking at all the log files in the c:\windows\SMINST directory and found a cryptic little warning..."not enough free space on the UP to split WIM"

Basically, there has to be at least 8-10 GB of free space on your C: drive before it will continue from the cancelling error. I moved some rarely used videos to an external drive and the program now works. Hope this helps.
Blocked Profile
Jul 30, 2009 at 12:39 PM
hi there,

try to plug an external writer to the device and try

recreating recovery cd

Thanks
UmbilicalNoose
Aug 1, 2009 at 04:31 AM
Hi pcsces...

Thanks for your response; well, I'm not really sure if anybody around will have an external writer, but I'll see if I can find one...

Another alternative, other people told me, is to do a Full Restore of my system using the built-in Restore option on HP Laptops, during start-up. So maybe I'll try that...

Thanks again :)...
i am using hp pavalion notebook i am trying to do recovery disc when i was started it was saying your computer has not having drive capaible
tell me what was the problem