My HP tx2000 will not turn back on

Solved/Closed
BarB - Jul 11, 2009 at 11:54 AM
 MsQtPi - Dec 1, 2012 at 01:49 AM
Hello, I have a problem with my HP TX2000. It was on and all of a sudden it shut down on its own. Before shutting down it read something like this, "there has been an error detected with the hardware, if this is the first time you have seen this, restart your computer." So when it shut down I tried to turn it back on. However, when I did so, it would not turn on. Instead, the lights would light up for (literally) a second and just turn off. I would not even hear the system running. I tried callig HP support, but they told me that there is not much to do for now because my warranty just expired 82 days ago. Also, they said that it may be my mother board that needs replacing. This is really frustrating considering the fact that my laptop just a little bit over a year old. Please if there is anyone that can help me get my laptop to turn on, please help me. There are major homework assignments that I have in it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME, SOMEONE......
Related:

11 responses

Okay, I have tried a lot of these things and the simplest one worked. I found a video on Youtube... I have the HP Pavillion tx2000 tablet pad. This is not a guess... I have talked to HP and a billion people on line that are having this same problem. I fixed mine, even if temporarily, not ten minutes ago and it is working right now. The Nividia chip is not seating properly so with the computer off press the palm of your fist (as if giving CPR) against the J, K, L, area of the keyboard... press HARD and power up at the same time. I PROMISE you this works. I am sure it is short term but it PROVES that this is NOT a windows issue but rather a hardware issue. As the computer warms up the chip comes away from the board. DO THIS NOW and save yourself a lot of time and money. I plan on taking mine to a local repair shop now and having them make a more lasting repair to the connection. I saw people on YouTube soldering and cooking the board but I would not recommend that. A guy from the UK brilliantly drilled a hole in his and inserted a bolt that put constant pressure on the Nividia chip and solved the problem for good. I thank everyone for their ideas and all because the research all lead me to a real solution.
cadcoke5 Posts 1 Registration date Friday December 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 4, 2009
Dec 4, 2009 at 08:46 PM
I have a TX2000, and have been having video problems for several months now. The screen goes black for a few seconds, and then comes back and I get the message 'the graphical driver has recovered from an error' . Also, perhaps 20% of the time that I boot up, I get the situation where the screen is black, but the lights on the computer indicate it is booting normally. Even the hard drive is active.

Another issue is that hibernating will often cause the computer to stay on, with the fan continuously running. So, rather than saving the power like I intended, it drains the battery.

In my calls to tech support, they say it is a software problem, and they want me to restore to some past point. I imagine that I should just do so, and then if the video problem is still there, it will prove it is hardware related.

Joe Dunfee
alfC > cadcoke5 Posts 1 Registration date Friday December 4, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 4, 2009
Dec 4, 2009 at 08:57 PM
"that is a software problem, update the bios, update the driver" that is HP bullshit to get away. Don't loose any time with those tech support dummies. do one of the following as I indicated in a previous post:
1) file a complaint to BBB (http://sanjose.bbb.org) [this is very easy]
2) Call "Case Manager on the Hewlett Packard US" at 1-877-917-4380 Extension # 93 to speak with Dawn (seems like a codename) email HP-SBEL_SUPPORT_EN@mail.support.hp.com
impotant: demand a Case number. If they receive enough complains they will be forced to compensate us.
HOLY MOLY! I just tried that and it worked for me. I am an IT professional and I had my doubts, but before taking it apart I decided to give it a go. And Voila! I just needed to get some photos off of it before I retire it and move to my new MacBook. Anyway, thanks so much.
this really works, thanks