Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

How to fix no display desktop icon in my comp

kayla - Latest answer on Jul 10, 2009 07:29PM
I have the same problem but with an additional twist. I have no desktop icons or task bar, just the wallpaper. Right clicking on the desktop or CTR+ALT+DEL get no response. In addition, the system automatically logs me off after a minute or 2 no matter what account I log in under. All of this happens even if I try booting into safe mode.
I connected to the C: drive from another PC and all of my desktop folders, icons, etc. are in the 'desktop' folder so they are not wiped out. I ran a virus scan of the C: drive from the other computer using McAfee but it didn't find anything. Also tried copying the explorer.exe file from my good PC but that also had no affect. All of my documents, favorites, etc. are on a NAS drive so they are OK.
Before I wipe and reinstall the system, anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks
Read more 
Answer
+11
moins plus
if you dont have your icons on your desktop you go properties desktop cuztumize desktop then u touch for iporant thing of desktop then apply
Add comment
This document entitled « how to fix no display desktop icon in my comp » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.