DVD ROM disappear

Solved/Closed
adnil_chin Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday July 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2009 - Jul 9, 2009 at 04:24 AM
 hopalong - Aug 13, 2013 at 06:46 AM
Hello,

I have problem with my DVD ROM player.. the icon disappear and also at device manager disappear too..
Please help me.. i'm using Laptop Acer aspire 4520, RAM 2gb, windows XP service pack 2..
hope my problem can be solve..

thanks a lot..
Related:

7 responses

Acer aspire model 50... DVD drive dissapears... SOLVED. It's actually a manufacturing problem. The dvd metal case atually touches the the interior metal case of the laptop causing a shortcircuit. Solution: Remove The DVD drive from its place by removing the screw of the drive from the back of laptop and then pull the drive gently out from the laptop case. At the end of DVD case you can see the metalic extension, with a little hole. Cover that entire area with something, I used a sticker, but let that hole free, so you can put the screw back in once you put the DVD drive back in to the laptop case. That's it. If your DVD drive has no other defects, it should work. It's a common problem to all Acer Aspire 5 series (5100, 5101, 5020, etc etc).
the problem with my laptop pc,cmpaq presario c700 is that the dvd is that the drive dissapears from both the drive and the device manager every time I switch on the computer, but appears after removing the dvd drive from the computer and replacing it again.what could be the problem with my device.is it to do with my computer or the device its self. please help.
I want to solve my problem with DVD ROM
Hello,

I have problem with my DVD ROM player.. the icon disappear and also at device manager disappear too..
Please help me.. i'm using Laptop Acer aspire 4520, RAM 2gb, windows XP service pack 2..
hope my problem can be solve..

thanks a lot..
did you solve your problem? 'coz im having the same problem..and I dont know what to do.. pls. help me.. T_T
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Oct 4, 2010 at 08:06 AM
Mai
See acer1's answer. The solution is there.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
And also Shaigan's answer
Please read the entire thread before posting.
I had the same issue along with a few of my mates. The fix was simple for us. Just go to your motherboard manufacturer's website, and download the Win7 compatible chip set drivers and especially, if there are drivers for your SATA IDE ports on the mobo and install it. This worked and I or any of my mates have not had any issues later on
first of all you have a universal drivers cd if you have cd rom.you go to my computer properties and click on cd rom/dvd driver option and next you click on properties and then update the driver

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
i have an aspire 4520 same problem dvd wouldn't reconise in bios or windows I removed the drive took the little extension right off and so far no prblems am thinking about making a thinner one out of plastic I think it's more the angle of the thing it holds it up and causes stress on the connector
jack the ripper
Oct 5, 2009 at 04:00 AM
That's cool I am french speakermany thanks a lot ! Merci l'Ami ! C'est très sympa !
Anonymous User
Nov 10, 2009 at 07:35 AM
You welcome :)