Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Reinstalling Windows XP Acer Aspire One [Solved/Closed]

aluminumcity - Latest answer on Nov 25, 2013 10:41AM
Hello,
Last weekend, I bought an Acer Aspire One D-150. I decided to put Windows 7 on it. I can not find a copy of Acer's eRecovery Management anywhere on the internet. I have tried making an image of the hidden partition with Macrium Reflect but it's not bootable. I still have the hidden partition on my HDD, I just can't boot to it. if I hold ALT+F10, I get a "Change Boot Options" screen.
I want to return this on the weekend because it was sold to me under false pretenses (I wanted an MSI model because it's better for me in a lot of ways, but they lied about the warranty on the MSI to get me to spend $50 more on the Acer). I need XP on it. Help? I need to install XP.
Read more 
Answer
+12
moins plus
Dear Sir,

Please note that if you re-install XP you will lose all your data,

You will need the Windows XP installation disc!

Please do not forget to change the SATA mode on your bios!

Then you will need to boot the windows xp disc and follow the instructions!!

Install Windows on the C: partition

thanks

musketar Emanuel - Feb 13, 2010 08:24AM
Fantastic! You saved me! Thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!!!
matt99 Emanuel - Mar 10, 2010 01:23PM
thanks you saved my mate jumping out the window

Matt
cd Emanuel - Mar 15, 2010 11:00AM
Thank you so much, I have been stressing over this for the past two weeks.
lfan- Aug 9, 2011 11:28AM
THANK YOU!!!!!!! the SATA mode got me...!!! it finally found the harddrive....!
eco- Nov 25, 2013 10:41AM
thanks for SATA MODE
Answer
+9
moins plus
Hi,

did you manage to reinstall using recovery??

I did it for Aspire One 150X, by
start->bios prompt->Alt-F10-> recovery starts->the rest is up to you

Good luck

Hapi- Nov 7, 2013 08:46PM
Great!! Works like magic indeed!! Thanks alot Bp!!
Answer
+7
moins plus
I'm know the asus has xp on the same recovery partition. You need to disable the fast boot function in bios first, then boot holding f9 to restart the xp install.

RogerDodger10-4- Jul 24, 2010 09:02PM
I have an older Acer Aspire One (Canadian retail model ZG5) that bluescreens on boot due to a virus. Even from Safe Mode, I was unable to recover, clean, etc. I followed the steps in this forum with no luck. But here's what did work:

F2 to get to the bios
From Main> disable Quick Boot
Save and exit

F12 for boot options on power up.
Select Network Boot (contrary to what common sense would dictate)

System is now happily recovering.

Am thinking just going with Win 7 upgrade now instead of update and service pak download hell. Yeesh.
ROCKSTAR_TEKNLGS- Aug 19, 2010 10:34PM
Dude it was like magic
Hapi- Nov 7, 2013 08:45PM
Wonderful!! works like magic indeed!
Answer
+6
moins plus
Restoring using alt + f10 worked great.

Answer
+6
moins plus
when there is no sound in my computer it plays song very good.when i install the sound driver and play songs then it play worstly

Answer
+5
moins plus
Hi. I'm haveing trouble with this!!!
No matter when I press and hold ALT+F10, the damn thing goes to where you can choose safe-mode (and all that). whatever you choose from there it will begin to start up windows, then you get the Bluescreen and the whole thing restarts...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me!!!

-jontok

Answer
+5
moins plus
I would suggest DON'T buy acer

Answer
+4
moins plus
Of course, for "ALT+F10" to work, you must have "D2D Recovery" in BIOS ENABLED, and "SATA Mode" on AHCI (all in Main Menu).
Cheers!

Answer
+2
moins plus
do you have to register with microsoft when you do this does it matter if you don't

Answer
+2
moins plus
thanks problem solved

Answer
+2
moins plus
If they lied to you lie to them download a cracked version of xp from a torrent and give it back

Answer
+2
moins plus
In the "hit <f2> for settings" setup you can change a setting for the boot menu and it will be like "hit <f12> for boot menu and you have to enable it and restart your computer

Answer
+2
moins plus
when there is no sound in my computer it plays song very good.when i install the sound driver and play songs then it play worstly

Answer
+1
moins plus
Please visit www.oemsoftwaresource.com

They have a support page for reinstalling your OS.

They also have OS disks for sale if you need a back up.

Good luck!

Anna

Answer
+1
moins plus
Wow I called acer and they india rude woman who i could barely understand gave me such a hard time about product registration and all this mess and I borrowed an external cd burner bios detected it and never would boot off windows xp sp3 disc and finally i gave up and searched online and alt f10 i was laughing so much on how easy that was thanks guys great freaking forum

and it even gave me an option to restore and back up my data now that is what im talking about

Answer
+1
moins plus
Could I still have a rootkit after this method is it possible

bairo- Mar 1, 2010 08:54PM
No... to the registration question

No.. to the root kit question
Answer
+0
moins plus
1. Coppy the window to your pen drive
2. boot from pen drive
3. install windows t your aspire one's 'c' Drive

ITS simple OK Try IT

Answer
+0
moins plus
Very Very Simple

Answer
+0
moins plus
thanks it really works

Answer
+0
moins plus
Johancan i ask something??
how to copy window to my pen drive??can u teach me?because the windows from CD.then??what should i do?

1 2 Next
This document entitled « Reinstalling Windows XP Acer Aspire One » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.