Mail.com account sync to iphone 3gs

Solved/Closed
Glamanda - Jun 28, 2009 at 07:57 AM
 Caroline williams - Feb 11, 2015 at 05:20 PM
Hello,

Hoping someone can help.. I have a free email account with mail.com and unable to add it as an mail account to my iphone. Is it right that mail.com will not allow syncing with free accounts? Or can someone please give me the mail incoming server and outgoing server addresses?

Thanks,
Amanda
Related:

9 responses

Mail.com is powered by AOL, so when adding the account. You go to setting, add account, then AOL. Type in information as normal, then save. It will add the account in minutes. I have two on mines>
I was having trouble getting my mail.com acct sync'd to my iphone, everytime I emailed mail.com they just sent me their "canned" response and FAQ. NO help!
The instructions to create your mail.com acct going through AOL worked great, don't need to know incoming or outgoing addresses.

thanks so much!
It worked!! Thank you very much for the info!!
Excellent It took 1 minute and it worked, thanks you
thank you, my goodness, what a relief!
THANK YOU!! Thank you!!! It worked!
Frustrated-Iphone
Jan 6, 2010 at 04:51 PM
I have a premium account with mail.com. The incoming email is fine. I cannot get the Iphone to "send" on my mail.com account. I understand that mail.com is now owned by AOL...but AOL settings seem to not work. All worked well before AOL bought them out. How do I SEND email on a mail.com account on my Iphone? Thanks! Thanks ..what are the exact settings?
Caroline MacAdam Williams
Feb 11, 2015 at 05:05 PM
thanks so much this helped so much
Caroline williams > Caroline MacAdam Williams
Feb 11, 2015 at 05:20 PM
Well actually no it didn't
These settings work as of 5/21/10.

------------

Mail.com / AOL tend to use IMAP for security purposes. Here are the settings I was able to use.

IMAP ACCOUNT

Incoming
Server: pop.mail.com
Username: Full Email address

Outgoing
Server: smtp.mail.com
Port: 587
Username: Full email address
THANKS IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JUST DO IT UNDER AOL!!!!!!!
YAY
YAY
YAY
Thanks a lot. Worked for me after at least an hour of hunting.
this worked for me, thank you for sharing. :)
A quick thanks to all contributors - I had problems for weeks on replicating my mail.com account on the iPhone. I have now followed advice and set up my account on the iPhone through the pre-set AOL mail account. It all works fine (for now).

Thanks again!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
I followed these instructions and I can now send email using my mail.com account from my iPhone.

http://www.onlinehowto.net/Tutorials/iPhone/Setup-iPhone-mail-account-settings/1116
The info here was the best. I wasted so much time looking at other videos and instructions. After reading this I set up my account in like 30 seconds. Thank you to everyone who contributed.
I had the same problem starting Jan 1:

I changed SMTP from mail.com to smtp.aol.com

POP3 unchanged mail.com (aol.com does not work)
I also tried setting up my mail.com account via the aol preset.
It works prefectly EXCEPT I can't send mail because my outgoing id is set to xxx@mail.com@AOL.COM! Supersilly!! And it seems I can't change it...

I've tried doing it manually, but I can't get the correct pop and smtp settings.... help, anyone?
Don't use the AOL setup. Set it manually and it works. See former comments on this subject.
what you need to do to RECEIVE MAIL:
When editing your outing going server enter your username and password(your username is your email address), this will allow you to send. It works!