Help - Can't connect to Skype

Solved/Closed
Gesh - Jun 26, 2009 at 09:47 AM
 kycir - Nov 7, 2017 at 09:39 PM
Hello,
I have the same problem. I downloaded Skype 4 today now can't connect. The only message that comes up says 'can't connect'. I've not had a problem with skype until now. What's going on - anyone know?

Thanks
Related:

7 responses

Hi
if you are sure about the FIREWALL,PROXY SETTING, and also you restarted your router you must follow these steps,
...uninstall skype
...delete skype folder in application data(you must check show hidden files in folder option then go to document and setting/your user/application data/skype)
...go to registery(type regedit in start/run)
...FIND "skype" in keys,values,data and delete all of them(you can use f3 button for next and delet boton to do it as fast as possible)
...instal new version of skype(recommended) and JOIN IT
This is the only good suggestion, i've been having the same problems and this is the only thing that worked. Thanks :)
Computer dummy
Jun 25, 2010 at 03:24 PM
Really works - try it! Thank you very much!
what is firewall proxy setting??
skype used to be working here in our office but since yesterday im not able to sign in and it says skype can't connect. I checked the firewall settings and skype is not blocked. what shud be the problem?
thanks, listen to him!!!!! go to registry!
Blocked Profile
Jun 26, 2009 at 09:53 AM
Hello,

This is may be because your firewall is blocking skype connections!
Go to Control Panel then open Windows Firewall, Just click on the exception tab and try to see if you can locate skype there! If not browse to add skype.exe in the exception list!

C:\Program Files\Skype\
Thanks I checked this and I was surprised to find that indeed Skype had been re-blocked in my Windows Firewall, as for previous versions I had it "unblocked" there. The latest version of skype seems to have changed settings itself. I am surprised it did not prompt me to unblock it when I had tried to access Skype so I had not suspected this otherwise. Hopefully this will prevent this problem re-occurring for me next time. Thanks.
Restart router.........That worked for me.
just stop ur anti virus program ,,,,,, run skype ,,,, then run ur antivirus program again .. or tell me what antivirus u use ,, so I can explaine more for you
i have the same problem I use kaspersky please help me
am using avast antivirus with the same problem, please help

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
just stop ur antivirus program and try .. u will login >> try to tell ur antivirus to trust skepe program >> am using nod32 and it block my skype until I change my antivirus properties .. its the only problem so stop search ..
There are 3 steps to solve this error.I wanna reshow how to solve I have ever seen.
1. download Repair Tool ( for error 111 )
2. install and start scan your computer
3. repair your error and restart.
stop your anti-virus program and Try to connect .. there is not other reason ,, just anti-virus or firewall ..... etc