Hello,
please send me all the drivers for wireless network for the notebook hp dv 6000
windows vista.
thank you
Read more 
Answer
+20
moins plus
This worked for me on the HP6000 Pavillion.

1:Turn off the computer and disconect from the mains.

2:Turn the computer over and unscrew the L-shaped conpartment.

3: Locate the Broadcom wireless card and unscrew the 2 retaining screws, the card presents itself to you once you have done this.

4:Disconect the card by pulling it out of the slot.

5:Turn on the computer, let it boot up then turn it off.

6: Reconnect the wirless card and replace compartment cover.

7: Turn the computer on. Windows detects new hardware and installs it. If at first it does'nt pick up the wireless network just re-boot the computer

Renee- Jan 23, 2009 03:46PM
I just tried what you suggested...didn't work for me....Do you think the Internal Network Card is bad????
Answer
+9
moins plus
Solution for HP dv6000 wireless problem. Fix it yourself.
Hi...
I am from Costa Rica and my hp dv6000 had a wireless problem just like everybody.
Because I am in Costa Rica, the HP FEDEX service for repair, does not apply for me.

This is the solution that worked for me.
Difficulty: easy for skilled people, medium for inexperienced people.
It is not risky but be common-sense careful.
1- Unplug the Power cable and take off the battery.
2- Unscrew the memory cover. It is the one placed in the middle (2 screws).
3- You will see the memory, the bios backup battery and the wireless card (the one that has 2 cables plugged: one white and the other black, those are the wireless antenna).
4- Carefully unplug the backup battery. Small coin-like battery with a white plug.
5- Carefully unscrew the wireless card and remove it from the card slot.
6- Unplug the antenna cables.
7- Wait 5 minutes.
8- Plug the power cable and turn on the computer. Then wait for the screen to ask you something and choose the F1 option by pressing it.
9- Wait for windows to load and shut down the computer. Unplug the power cable.
10- Now plug back the battery and the wireless card. No need to explain how.
11- Put covers back and screw, of course.
12- Turn on your computer and verify the wireless switch is on the on position, otherwise turn it on when Windows is already loaded. The blue light should be on. If not, go to Control Panel, Device manager and check that your wireless adaptor is present and drivers are properly installed.
13- Your wireless must be alive and functioning.
14- If wireless not present, then it did not work, if it is present but have some problems, reinstall wireless card drivers and do what it should be done when updating drivers. That is a different problem.

That’s it. However if you want to know some important details, read the following.

-I tested my HP dv6000 wireless card on an Acer pc that is compatible with the wireless card.
-I try to test back the HP dv6000 pc using the Acer PC wireless card and the HP system said WIRELESS CARD NO COMPATIBLE CHANGE IT.
-The only one way to reset BIOS is by unplugging the backup (BIOS) battery as explained above.
-People generally try to fix it by recovering the original pre installed system, but it would fail must of the times.
-It is possible that the Wireless adaptor is defective; in that case none of the steps above will work.

Hope it worked for you...
Andrey Loria, costa Rica.

Answer
+6
moins plus
I found the issue...well, there is a known issue. There was an article posted lower in this page about an HP Limited Warranty Service Enhancement for the United Kingdom and a few of their HP Pavilion models. Well I found the page for the U.S. and it is here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/...

I reloaded WLAN drivers, then flashed the BIOS with the latest and greatest from here:

This did not fix the problem.

I called the number listed on the first page (first link above) and they had me pop out the battery and then plug in the power and boot up, then entered the BIOS to set it back to default settings, then booted up and logged in to check the Device Manager to see if I could see the wireless card (broadcom), which of course it did not have it listed. Turns out it is a motherboard issue...knew it was hardware. They then processed the mail-in package. It should arrive in 1-2 days, and then I call the carrier that has been prepaid for this shipment, and they say it should take 7-9 days to do the repair once received. So hopefully in a couple weeks I'll have this back and working.

I do need to back up all my data as they end up wiping and restoring it back to its default after the new mobo install.

Hope this helps anyone else having this issue.

bryan iris - Jan 30, 2010 02:42PM
HP INDEED sucks. I got a Compaq Presario DV6000 3 years ago, workked fine for a few months then started having all the problems mentioned. I've had a mac for about two years now to replace it because it KEPT breaking. I sent my compaq back THREE times and guess what...its not working again. Its not even worth sending it back again. Thank god i have my mac now, never had a single problem. Talk about bang for your buck ,its just great. This problem with all these HP laptops is EXACTLY the same as the problem with Microsofts xbox (If you didnt know, the xbox 360 is RENOWNED for getting the red ring, and i mean every single one of them. Microsoft has been fixing peoples xboxs for free ever since because it is such a huge problem....Exactly whats happening with HP.) Can ANYONE do ANYTHING right anymore?? Apparently Apple can....
You Helped Big Time- Jan 26, 2009 07:35PM
Thanks so much! It's nice to know HP will honor the commitment to fix a known inherent issue like this. Other than that, it's been a GREAT computer!
Gloveii- Apr 14, 2009 10:10PM
Thanks Merc,

Did the trick. Hp is going to fix it free.!!!
merc- Jun 5, 2009 10:18PM
No problem, glad I could help! It was so frustrating when I went through it, I'm happy to pass the info along.
manon- May 28, 2011 08:18PM
Oh crud! There was a mother board issue, but I had mine fixed about two years ago. Now I'm having again!!! Is this the same or different issue?
Answer
+4
moins plus
I had the same problem with my wireless and i manage to get it working,
DOWNLOAD STEPS: You will need to download the items from 1 - 3

1.Download the latest wireless driver for computer (7.20 REV:A, 2/20/09) - Might change depending on your CPU, (7.20 REV:A is for AMDs)
2.You will also need to download the latest Bios (F.42, 3/9/09)
3.Latest version of HP Wireless Assistant (3.00 REV:K, June 2009)

NOW YOUR READY TO START FIXING?????

INSTALL STEPS: You must use this order for an 100% fix

1.First flash your computer with the latest BIOS and if should restart after its complete.
2.Install the wireless driver
3.Install HP Wireless Assistant
4.Restart your computer
5.Flash Bios again
6FIX

Alonso- Apr 26, 2010 05:27PM
Nope, can't fix this way.
PEEWHY- Apr 29, 2010 02:25PM
HI, I GOT HP DV6208 LAPTOP (AMD,VISTA) WITH WIRELESS NETWORK PROBLEMS. IM INTERESTED ON UR SOLUTIONS BUT DONT KNOW WHERE TO DOWNLOAD FROM THOSE UPGRADE SOFTWARE. CAN U BE SPECIFIC WHERE I CAN GET IT.THANKS
PEEWHY- Apr 29, 2010 02:25PM
HI, I GOT HP DV6208 LAPTOP (AMD,VISTA) WITH WIRELESS NETWORK PROBLEMS. IM INTERESTED ON UR SOLUTIONS BUT DONT KNOW WHERE TO DOWNLOAD FROM THOSE UPGRADE SOFTWARE. CAN U BE SPECIFIC WHERE I CAN GET IT.THANKS
Rana- May 31, 2011 03:10PM
i was able to fix my WLAN problem. just wanted to say THANK YOU :)
Answer
+4
moins plus
Hey ;)

Just install this thing and it will probably work.. I had the same problem whit my HP pavilion dv6000 but I fixed it when i installed this :)

Good Luck!

Link :

Danny- Jan 2, 2013 05:21PM
This worked perfectly for me! Thanks!
Answer
+3
moins plus
Dear Friend,

Go to the link and i m sure u will find ur solution..

Thanks

Nirav Bhatt

Answer
+2
moins plus
I just fixed this problem. I called HP and they told me I was just over the warrenty, and I'd have to pay to send it in. I asked them if it costs more then $30 to send in to fix, and the HP rep laughed at me...

This same thing happened to me on a hinge that they recalled, I was 3 days over the warrenty, and they wouldn't fix it - they told me it was going to cost $350!!!!

So, I've decided to NOT buy any more HP's, unless their used and cheap... There nice machines, but they don't stand behind their product issues...So, I'll tell you what I did to fix it, and this is what I told them(HP) as well, they weren't lauging anymore - and said it would work... So, I'm posting this to help you avoid getting ripped off by HP service, and having your laptop out of commission for 3 weeks...

Anyway, all you have to do is go to Wal-Mart / Best Buy, etc, and get a "USB" wireless network adapter. The only problem on your laptop is the internal wireless, but it doesn't mean a USB or Express card adapter won't work...

HP doesn't want you to know that, because I asked why they didn't mention it if they knew it worked... to help customers easily fix their problem.... and their answer was "Well, people just want to send them in and get them fixed" - yeah right, unless they knew they could save $300 bucks by not replacing the motherboard!!!!

Good Luck!!!! I'm off to surfin on my working wireless HPos...

mike now hates hp- Mar 18, 2010 09:49PM
Thats doesnt work for me..I bought an express card instead of the usb wireless. It still doesnt work
Answer
+1
moins plus
manik,

I was wondering if you can send me the drivers as well for the HP DV6000. I had to install a new harddrive and i didn't have the recovery disk for the laptop.

thanks

Answer
+1
moins plus
i have the hpdv6000. i went on hp site downloaded the updates for the drivers. then i did vista updates only the firs set after a initial recovery. the network card worked fine. after the second set of updates it stooped working. i did a recover to the first set and it worked again. it has to be a software proble not hardware. HP is bs. This isnt the firt time they let me down but it will be the last.

Answer
+1
moins plus
I have a DV6000. My wireless stoped working several months ago. I recently got an update from HP saying that I may qualify for a free repair because there has been a recall on all DV6000 types. My wireless internet does not work no matter what drivers I update it with. I called HP, and thats when they told me I qualified for a free repair because the model had a defective motherboard. Eventually your wireless adaptors stop working. I did not want to fight with adding on extra peices to my laptop when it should work properly no matter where I go. I called. We trouble shooted several different ways, then they finally said they would send me a shipping label to fix it. It does not matter if your warranty is expired, if you have a DV6000, you may qualify for a free repair-wich is a new motherboard. There has been a recall on this type of computer. I am shocked more effort has not been put in to alert the customers about this. Hope this helps. Next time, I am buying a MAC. You have no idea how many issues I have had with windows operating systems that required me to start my pc over from scratch. It is becomming annoying, and quit costly. I would rather fork out the extra money and forfiet all the other problems that come with these kinds of laptops!

Answer
+1
moins plus
scott -

for the driver to change the light from amber to blue go to the hp website, drivers , enter model number and then download the broadcom wireless adapter driver. here is what i done when i got mine to work..

that will sort you it out within minutes.

Answer
+1
moins plus
EVERYONE!!!!

IF YOU WANT TO FIX YOUR DV6000 WIRELESS ISSUE FOLLOW THESE STEPS POSTED BY: akuojo

I WAS HAVING THE SAME ISSUE FOR ABOUT SIX MONTHS NOW AND HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO GET IT FIXED. NOTHING HAS WORKED UNTILL I TRIED THESE INSTRUCTIONS POSTED BY akuojo.

MY WIRLESS CAME BACK ON AND HAS BEEN WORKING FOR 6 DAYS NOW!!!!! I HAVE EVEN DOWNLOADED A 8.60GIG FILE SINCE IT CAME BACK ON.
I HAVE INSTALLED WINDOWS UPDATES, SHUT DOWN AND RESTARTED SEVERAL TIMES AND THE WIRLESS HAS COME BACK ON FLAWLESSLY EVERY TIME!!

akuojo,
I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU DID TO FIGURE THIS OUT BUT BIG THANKS TO YOU MY FRIEND!!!!

The only thing I have to this tech wise is: My computer did not restart on its own after flashing the BIOS, had to do it myself. Not a big deal, possible different computers will react differently after using WINFLASH.
Bottom line.... follow the directions to the "T" and be very patient!!!!!!!!!! Also I left my wireless switch in the on possition, durring this.

Good luck!

"I had the same problem with my wireless and i manage to get it working,
DOWNLOAD STEPS: You will need to download the items from 1 - 3

1.Download the latest wireless driver for computer (7.20 REV:A, 2/20/09) - Might change depending on your CPU, (7.20 REV:A is for AMDs)
2.You will also need to download the latest Bios (F.42, 3/9/09)
3.Latest version of HP Wireless Assistant (3.00 REV:K, June 2009)

NOW YOUR READY TO START FIXING?????

INSTALL STEPS: You must use this order for an 100% fix

1.First flash your computer with the latest BIOS and it should restart after its complete.
2.Install the wireless driver
3.Install HP Wireless Assistant
4.Restart your computer
5.Flash Bios again
6FIX

If you need more help contact me at my messengers
Email Id and personal informations removed for security

Answer
+0
moins plus
hi i have all driver for hp dv600

just e-mail me with all details of ur computer and ur e-mail address i will send u the link

my e mail id Email Id removed for security

eatmoresoap- Apr 6, 2010 09:14AM
Your laptop is having a problem common with a lot of laptops that are using the Nvidia chipset. Some experience loss of video when the Nvidia chip overheats and "pops up" off the board enough to lose contact. In your case, the problem is the Nvidia chipset itself. Nvidia specified the wrong temp of solder to be used on these parts, softer than it should have been, thus they get hot, as is actually normal but sonce the solder is too soft, it lets go. As I said, the Nvidia chip itself has come loose. You can see this chip if you remove the bottom cover, it's naked, no heatsink. Says Nvidia. It has lost the path to the Mini-PCI slot so the wireless card indicator will never go BLUE and will not work. If covered under the HPO service enhancement (Search google for HP service enhancement) they will fix it for free. If not, you're own your own. I have repaired MANY of these by reflowing the board and have emailed the instructions out to many as well and they (all but one) repaired it themselves. If interested, drop me an message and I can email you how to fix it. r o b e r t . w e s t a t j u s t - m i c r o d o t c o m
chandler- Apr 7, 2010 02:37PM
Please send instructions on how to fix HP6406nr wireless problem. Thanks.
Email id removed for security
Waznavy- Apr 8, 2010 06:27PM
Me to. Could use the fix for my dv6000. Thanks. Email Id removed for security
Chandler- Apr 9, 2010 08:12AM
HP6402 w/ Windows 7. Wireless adapter works great but want to fix onboard wireless card. Please send instructions to Email Id removed for security. Thanks.
spencer- Apr 13, 2010 03:36PM
wireless gone.. Thanks
Answer
+0
moins plus
Odds are the drivers won't help you. Do a little more research. Just google hp dv6000 wireless and you'll see a bunch of explanations why your card isn't working. It happened to me as well. Apparently 1 in 7 of this type of computer have wireless issues and the problem is the motherboard, which needs replacing. If the drivers don't work for you, and you're not still under warranty, I suggest just buying a USB wireless adapter to fix your issue. That's what I did and it's working fine now.

BTW-expect more issues... This computer is not the best...

loco-beaner- Jun 25, 2008 09:10AM
laonuts,

actually the type of laptop I have is a HP6745us. I thought it was a HP6000 but no. I looked at the monitor and it said 6000. Looking at the sticker on the laptop and it actually is a 6745. Where can I download the driver for the internal wireless card.
eugenious- Aug 7, 2008 01:23PM
So would you say that the USB adapter has solved all your problems?
Answer
+0
moins plus
hi i had to install vista again without the recovery disks and now the wireless isnt working

Answer
+0
moins plus
Hello,
please send me all the drivers for USB keyboard for the notebook hp dv 6000
windows vista.
thank you

Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi, Help!! My HP6000 starting acting weird last night by saying that I don't have a wireless network set up ( I do and the other PCs work fine in the house), then in the night it was saying that I needed to install some updates ( I am an excelllent RN not software/hardware person so unsure as to what updates it said) but I clicked on it then it said updates were unsuccussfull then today, it will not even turn on: Well you can hear it trying to boot up and some lights are on but the screen is black and the monitor appears to be not working at all. Any thoughts on any of these above ramblings? Any help would be appreciated! ( uniit is approx 14 months old).

Daisy

seren- Sep 3, 2008 02:37PM
I had the same problem with my computer... What happend was during a storm my power stip broke for my sound and for my power on my laptop... I pulled the keyboard out and pulled the strips out the one on the left is the power and the one on the right is the sound and other stuff.. I pulled them both out cause they were broke and started messing with it since i thought my comp was shot anyways and decided to take a razor blade and run it over the power hub and my comp started up.. I was pretty excited cause I couldnt get it to start up but then my screen was black and it wouldnt boot up.. It sounded like to computer was booting up and then restarting over and over again.. So eventuallly I turned it on by running the razor blade on the first hub(on the left) and as soon as it turned on i ran it on the other hub(the one on the right) and it booted right up. So from personal expirence if your power button works then that power strip is fine but most likely the one on the right is shot and its causeing the computer not to boot up.
grant- Nov 3, 2008 03:09PM
HP has a fix that requires you to send it in to them, they will send u a prepaid box and make the repais free of charge
theromanone- Nov 5, 2008 01:36PM
grant,

i think hp's warranty is only for 1 year, or at least that is what mine is.

daisy: my HP laptop is also 15-16 months old to your 14, very odd that i am having the same EXACT problem.. hp told me i was out of warranty and wants $420!!
big j- Jul 2, 2010 09:32PM
I had this happen to my laptop and sent it in and they fixed it. But 1.5 years later I am having the same issue. Time for a new laptop.
ch- Jul 6, 2010 04:37PM
I am in the same position as big j. I sent the laptop to HP a while back while it was still under the extended warranty, and they fixed the wireless problem. Now the problem seems to have returned. Is it time for a new laptop? Or is there a fix? A new laptop really isn't in the budget right now, but we need the internet access. Thanks for any help you can give.
Answer
+0
moins plus
i have windows xp opreting system and i log on administrator and after login open my computer right click and choose manage and in manage open manage tab and i select local users and group and then select users and after that in users i disable the administrator and log of and when loiin again administrator i could not login administrator so,how can login administrator without formating my winxp opreting system . please send answer in my mail

Answer
+0
moins plus
hello i have the dv6000 also and mine is doing the same thing as these other two. When I try to turn it on i can hear the fan running and the blue lights are lit up but the screen wont turn on. After about 10 seconds it turns off, then reboots without me touching anything. Its about 14 months old and i have no clue what to do. I appreciate all the help I can gather just e-mail me at cviaches219@hotmail.com thank yoU!

Super- Oct 18, 2008 09:06AM
I have the same problem. Have you solved it? I appreciate your help
DJ- Oct 13, 2009 02:29PM
I also have a HP dv6000. 2 days before the warranty expired, my laptop would come on, lights all there, could hear the hummm but the screen was black. I also had a fine white line across the screen (when it did work). I called them and mailed the computer back. They replaced the motherboard which brought the computer and screen back to life. Then I mailed it back AGAIN to have the screen replaced so that little white line would go away. After about a week my wireless "blue" light is orange and won't change. I'm going to try some of the fixes I've read on here, hopefully I can repair it myself since my warranty is now gone. If not, I will plug in a wireless device and keep going until the whole thing self destructs! I like the laptop but after reading everything in these posts, I'm convinced that we all made a bad decision to purchase this particular laptop.
Rasek- Apr 14, 2010 11:42AM
Mine just started to have the same problem the only way I got it to start up was to unplug the power adapter and with the laptop OFF I hold the power button in, while I'm holding it in the laptop turns on then off, I then release the power button and just press it normally and it starts up. Worked for me so maybe It might work for you.
janicechill- Apr 19, 2010 11:59PM
My DV6000 same thing. bought it just over 2 years ago. HP online tech told me that my warranty has ended and that he could help me if I pay $69 for 1 year teach support. I told him I am not paying them $ to get told info I have already found on internet, that this computer is garbage. He took another 20 min come back and admit that this series of computer has this common problem, only way to fix it is to pay $300 to replace the mother board. get this, they are so SURE that this repair will solve the problem that they will give me 90 DAYS extended warranty. Go figure.

I have tried everything people have suggested, but none work. I think I am going to take your advice, get a wireless device ($50 a pop), and I really would like to see this thing self destruct. Piece of garbage, never again will I buy an HP.
Andraeseus- Jul 5, 2010 01:54PM
my lappy wouldnt load the os. i have a dv6140us hp pavillion. it would cut off as soon as the os loaded they told me the same shit. they said ive the 300 bucks and they would fix it despite acknowledging it was a manufactures defect. since i was out of warranty and broke i did the penny fix. i took it apart and added a penny to conduct more heat. it worked!!!!! yay!!!! anyway. just installed a freesh windows 7 and did all the updates and now my wireless card is not even recognized. gonna reflash the bios and see what happens. good luck
1 2 3 Next
This document entitled « hp dv6000 wireless drivers » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.