ITunes Will Not Show IPod Nano

Solved/Closed
Halocreamdevil Posts 2 Registration date Saturday June 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2009 - Jun 20, 2009 at 09:45 PM
 KR - Dec 23, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Hello,
When I plug my IPod 8GB Nano into my computer windows will recognize it, but Itunes will not show it. In "My Computer" it shows up as the drive that it's inserted in, and every time I attempt to acess it a prompt comes up that asks me to format the drive.
I just got the IPod recently, but there are a few songs on it, and I would really prefer not to format it. What can I do in order to keep my music? I've tried the IPod on other computers, and it registers on those, but on my own it does not show.

Also, I can't get the latest version of Itunes to install. Every time I attempt to do so a prompt says that it is not a 'valid Win32 file'. What can I do about that?
I was really looking forward to using my IPod, but if I can't use Itunes in conjunction, then what's the point?
Related:

4 responses

I zeroed a 16gig nano with disk utility: format Mac OS Extended (journaled)
It showed up in itunes as usual but I had to restore it/
Its synching up now.
I hope this helps someone else...
neal, thank you, i've been struggling with this for so long and you have given me my ipod back to me. I'm so happy its ridiculous.