EXCEL help, combining info from two sheets

Closed
project - Jun 17, 2009 at 12:51 PM
 kulot - Sep 8, 2009 at 03:18 AM
Hello,
How can I match and combine records across two excel sheets. I have two excel sheets containing record information, about 6 columns for each record. I would like to be able to match records by part # and combine the columns for each record from each sheet. So each new record will include all available columns from both sheets for each specific record (each record is a row). Part # in both sheets is column A, while the rest of the columns have different information. The formula needs to check for each part# in column A sheet 1 and find the same part # in column A in sheet 2 and then combine the information. There are 500 records so it will need to be able to do this automatically for all records.
The combined records could be displayed in a new sheet # 3 of combined within sheet 1 or 2.
If possible please also explain how to implement the formula since I am not excel savvy.
Related:

2 responses

Please don't point me to another post as an answer, I have read pages and pages of similar posts and still unable to do it.
thank you!!! anyway we've also no idea about it ..
but atleast i knew something
thanks a lot

I REALLY100000x
LOVE
YOU!!!!!!!1
dont ever forget that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway you're such A damnfool shit !!!!!!!Wahahahahahahahahahahaha