ACER Aspire One Power Problem

Solved/Closed
SLH - Jun 17, 2009 at 08:30 AM
 Ting Yang - Apr 3, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Hello,
Searching for possible solutions to a problem that I am having. I purchased an ACER Aspire One in Dec. 2008. I did the memory upgrade to 1.5 GB and it has been running great. However, this past weekend my aspire one began to display error messages. It begins to boot and reports a windows error. The "R" option will not repair the problem. When the R option is selected it shuts down. I try to boot to an external CD-ROM and it shuts down. I enter bios and try to set the boot options and it shuts down. I have removed the battery and the same problems occur.

Any suggestions?
Related:

29 responses

Just where on the bottom do we tap. I have no idea where the fan is
Thanks
If you face the laptop, lift it up and on the left hand side towards the battery there is a vent (not the large vent that stretches across the front). This is where I tapped it and it worked. Have to say though I needed to give it more than just a gentle tap before it started working. Nevertheless I am amazed that this worked. I though it was going to be off to the repair workshop for a few weeks.
thanks ssr... I gave the fan area a whack with my open hand and...voila... it worked!!!