Can't connect to the internet by a router

Solved/Closed
dave - Jun 15, 2009 at 03:29 AM
 umbrey - Aug 26, 2010 at 07:31 PM
Hello,
I have got an eee pc 701 and I have problems connecting through wi-fi to the internet. I go right next to the router and try to connect - the signal strength is 100%. All it says is 'Pending' and never connects. I have a Windows laptop but it works fine. What is the problem? Is something wrong with my eeepc?????

dave
Related:

3 responses

EEE PC$G Linux
Aug 10, 2009 at 06:04 PM
Hi, this is not really a question but many people here are having problem with there Asasu EEE PC 4g. they can't go to internet or sometimes it shows pending. I had the same problem too until I called the customer service

their number is :
1-888-678-688 then press 3 and then press 1

so here what you should do to fix the problem, if you follow everything step by step I see no reason why it shouldn't work

1. go to network
2.delete all the connections that you have
3.go to "create"
4. local area network wireless
5.next
6. dynamic, next
7. you must have a router to do this step, so click on "brow wireless network" and find your router and "choose" it for mode choose infrastructure and for transfer rate auto
8.wireless setting next
9. click on enable encryption NOW PAY ATTENTION! if your router password containes only letters choose WEP and type your pass word, if it has LETTER AND NUMBER choose WPA and next
10. put a name and next
11. choose connect auto and choose start this connection when and FINISH.

okay here are the steps! I hope this helps
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
NO ONE else seemed to have the answer, but I followed the steps you outlined, and my Eee pc connected immediately.
Thank you for this post. I had spent hours try to get my eeepc to connect wrelessly. I followed your points and connected straight away. Thank you.
Hello,

Thanks very much, I too followed the instructions you posted after following a myriad of rocket scientists whose advice didn't get me connected.

They were almost telling me to change my router specifications......LOL

After following your simple instructions I am now connected wirelessly for the 1st time on this little sucker !!! Thank you thank thank you
hmmm I done all of the above about 20 times and still wont connect . think its ther wep or wpa key am getting wrong . is there a way of finding out the password I set abouit 2 years ago lol .
Hey thanks for that post, worked for me first time,thanks so much!!
doomin17 Posts 8 Registration date Friday March 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 15, 2009 1
Jun 15, 2009 at 11:45 AM
Hello,

On your wireless configuration in windows, you will be asked to enter a code (WEP key)
This will allow you to use the router's connection!
Something similar happens to us. At home we have 2 eee's (original xandros) and 2 laptops. The laptops on windows xp connect without problems, but the eee's literally when they want to. To make things more complicated: sometimes one of the eee's connects and the other doesn't, and sometimes one of them does not connect to our network but it connects to the neighbour's. More crazy things: if one of the eee's does not connect and remains 'pending', if we connect any other computer of the wireless network, the one that is pending connects too (most of the times, now and then the trick fails). And still more: the eee's seem to make shifts, because wen mine says that will not connect my husband's does, and suddenly mine starts connecting and then my husband's gives up.
To me it seems pure nonsense, but might be some more experienced can make something out of these data.
Best luck.
Kristy83 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday July 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 30, 2009
Jul 30, 2009 at 05:48 AM
I have the same problem its doing my head in is there someone to call??
a little bit of persaverance and it worked, thank you v much.
Thanks heaps have spent the last 2 hours trying to work the dam thing out and even on the phone for an hour with the service providers followed your step by step guide and whalah all sorted why I didnt google u before bugs me now wouldnt have wasted so much time
thanks but after a few days it goes back to pending and I have to go through the whole process again.