Partition and Formatting

Solved/Closed
son - Jun 15, 2008 at 01:36 PM
 qaraqish - Jun 28, 2011 at 10:57 AM
Hello, how to format a laptop windows vista 120GB and partition it in 3 part? tnx!!! pls help me!!!!
Related:

18 responses

In addition: regarding to my example above: the remaining 80GB = 80000MB unallocated space. this is the steps on how to create a partition and format the drive.

1. Open Computer management by clicking START > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Computer Management.
2. In the Navigation pane, under Storage, click Disk Management
3. Right-click an unallocated region on your hard disk and then click New Simple Volume.
4. In the New Simple Volume Wizard click Next
5. Type the size of the volume you want to create in MB (40GB = 40000 MB) or accept the maximum default size.
6. Accept the default drive letter or choose a different drive letter and then click next
7. In the Format Partition dialog box click next then finish.

thanks,
Jowie
Thankxx jowie.. U post is perfect.. :)
Perfect
Jowie, the Windows method will not allow me to expand the "c" drive into the 32GB New Volume (logical drive) on my 80GB dard drive. I'm using Vista. Any thoughts?
thanks its create disk but its not formating the disk tel me how to format
hi ,
i am having problem in vista during repartition...
when I repartition im gettin logical disk manager "access is denied"...can I use the vista cd or disk management itself...help me pls..i dont want to lose the data in my hard disk

thank u,
san
will formatting my hard drive erase hidden partitions?
hi Mr. Than & Jason,

here's the installation procedure:

1. Turn on your computer, insert the Windows installation disc into the computer's DVD or CD drive.
2. On the Install Windows page, follow any instructions that are displayed, and then click Install now.
3. On the Get important updates for installation page, I recommend getting the latest updates to help ensure a successful installation and to help protect your computer against security threats. You will need an Internet connection to get installation updates.
4. Type your 25-character product key in your activation page and please read the license terms and as usual we need to click I accept the license terms as always. :)
5. On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Custom. not the Upgrade (recommend) button...
6. On the Where do you want to install Windows? page, select the drive you want to repartition then click delete button. (note if you want to repartition your drive only) then you can see the unallocated space.
(if your partition is ok just click format and after click next button.)

example> if you want to partition your hard disk into 3.

Select the unallocated space drive then click new then enter the capacity of the drive you want to allocate in the drive.
example again. if your hard disk is 120gb then create this:
1st partition: 40gb (basic volume)
the unallocated drive now is 80gb

(NOTE: this is only an example)

Then select the 1st partition (40gb) or the basic volume then click format then next and thats it the windows will installing automatically.

I hope you find it useful, and can't wait to hear your feedback.
pinoymafia4@yahoo.com
Hi,
How Can partition portable hard disc into multiple partition................

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Hi my name is shiv. I am using Dell inspiron 1420.I want my restructurised my drives.Like I want to destribute the blank place of C drive in D drive .How can I do that?
You can try some partition tool to manage your partitions, like freeware EASEUS Partition Manager...
Hii..
By using Vista Disk Managment, I cannot extend my C drive..
My C drive has just 30G of space while the other one has 90G of space,
But I need more space on the system drive which is C.. somebody help?
Hello sir

i have problem I can't make partation during the installation window xp I want to know quick and easy way about partation and formatting. please tell me the right way of installlation and partation
i have many hard disks , so I want to create at one partition in all of my hard disks.
pls reply me as soon as possible .......
You firstly create free space in disk managment and than you can extend the your c partition. I mean , part the 90gb partition two part , like how much do you want to extend you c partiton than you can free the partition after you will extend your c partiton . I hope it will help you. And the best way to learn how to do this read the windows vista pages .
Hi there!
I am seeing something very interesting. I had the blue screen of death and I finally was able to drag my entire data into an external drive using the command line. Now, I have installed Windows XP Professional. (Previously, I had Windows XP Home). Now, if I go to the properties of my C drive, I only see 40 GB where in-fact I had 80 GB before I reinstall this new version?

Any ideas...?
Thank you so much

Sean
My hard drive is accessible What should I do to access it?
Tell the full detail of how to format all kind of system hard disk.
Thanks a lot for all the info, its back to more learning again. Thanks again and GOD Bless you all.
what does this mean?
"Right-click an unallocated region on your hard disk"

I went to disk manager and right click everywhere on the page but I NEVER see "NEW PARTITION"
thanks
a
I am having the exact same problem! I have clicked everywhere too. Please help
i installed windows vista on my linux ubuntu and after installing it my ubuntu partition disapeared ...... how to recover it again ???? please I need answer
omg I ave da samez problem bludd.
the unallocated part fails to be seperated in windows 7 64 bit
Dear,

All friends,

Pls may I introduce myself Mr Than and I would wish to know about partition after installation window. I have faced that kinds of problem which is I have installed window without making patition before install. Therefore, may I know pls how to make partition again without using any software.

Thanks,
Mr Than
Hi mr than. im jason the one who post the problem regarding formatting and partitioning my laptop.. dont worry I will ask my friend. he is a IT staff in one callcenter in the philippines.. I tell to my friend to reply to you as soon as he is available.. dont worry we will are problem regarding this matter... tnx.. have a good day..

jason sotejo
Hi dear ones,,,,,,

i m having the problem of making partition on the system pls me hw would I make a partition on my pc.
use dos bootable disk and the use fdisk
how to make partition in the pc
candy1111 Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday August 26, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2008
Sep 9, 2008 at 10:11 PM
Disk Management of Vista can not help you? I thik you can try it...Open Control Panel, Click on Admin... Tools, click on Computer management- Disk Management.