My studio 17 laptops speakers are not working

Solved/Closed
ANd1 - Jun 7, 2009 at 09:05 PM
 DAz - Jun 6, 2015 at 09:47 AM
Hello,
My Studio 17 laptop speakers are not giving off sound. I checked everything, and it says that everything is working fine when it's not I'm confused, and tried restarting my computer several times now. Help?
Related:

4 responses

I have a Dell Studio 1737 and experienced a similar problem...no sound from the the internal speakers even though all indications suggested that the sound card was functioning.
I discovered inadvertently that plugging and unplugging the headphone jack into the head phone port seemed to resolve the issue and my speakers are currently functioning properly.
Could it be that there is a micro switch associated with the headset/external speaker port that turns off the internal speakers whenever you plug in and listen on headphones or external speakers?
omg I did that and it came right on thank u I would have never thought to plug and unplug the head phones
Same. weird how that happened
Mine didn't recover using this method. The speakers were working fine until I first plugged in my headphones. Then, they stopped working. Now, they don't work, whether or not I plug in my headphones
headphones.
Its actually weird..but it happened....thanks..my speakers are working:))
thank you for resolving my problem =) as soon as I plugged in the headfhones my sound recovered.. I would've never thought about that. Thanks!!
ris.han Posts 3 Registration date Saturday April 18, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 8, 2009 3
Jun 8, 2009 at 04:17 AM
hi,
check if the sound is muted.
go to control panel > sounds and audio devices.
and then uncheck the "Mute sound".
Yeah I figured out what was wrong with it lol. Some how it got stuck in head phone mode, so it was trying to play through headphones that wasn't pluged in. Go figure lol. I found that out by accident, because I wanted to see if the sound card was blown in it. I pluged head phones in it, and they worked. When I pulled them out my speakers start working. I found it funny.
I just did what you did And1 and it worked...weird as hell lol!!
Thanks, work with my too,,, after 30 min troubleshooting.
Nope doesn't work for me. However the symptoms are the same.
Yayyyy worked for me too phewww! Thankyou!
I Have a Toshiba Satellite L505 laptop and my external speakers aren't working but my head phones are. I have tried troubleshooting and it says everything is working properly. When I pull my headphones out I can't hear the sound. Any suggestions.
Tried going into Device manager and updating the drivers for the hardware?
Good job Dutch!