The Sims 3 Not responding

Solved/Closed
Willy - Jun 4, 2009 at 11:05 PM
 sims3fanatic - Nov 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Hello,
i just bought the game Sims 3 and I can create a sim, but as soon as I go into building mode or even to play with the sim, it freezes, and then it goes black. I have all the requirements for the game. but I dont know what I should do about not being able to play the game in build mode, or live mode
Related:

100 responses

I have the Same Problem and it is completely random.
All my system Specs are over what I needed.
Yesterday I could play smooth for about an hour today it freezes when just starting up.

WE NEED A SOLUTION
Hello. I have had the same problem! my computer was fine until I downloaded the sims 3 game. I am a huge fan so I couldnt wait to play. I played it for a while then my cpu randomly restarted. after that it started compltely shutting down evertime I played the sims 3, not allowing me to save my work. my cpu is currently in a shop right now because now my internet will not work or anything!
This is ridiculous!! someone please tell me how to fix this! sorry im sorta demanding:( so I think the people who made it probably messed it up.its is a bug on mine. I undownloaded everything exapet the sims 3 we need the people on here who made it to tell us what to do!! they have very bad reviews so thats probably why they dont go on.

:( :( :(
IT happens to me 2 !

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Ahhh, well as much as it's a discomfort for you guys, the fact that you guys have the same issue makes me think that maybe eventually I will be able to play sims 3 on my computer whose video card meets minimum requirements aside from the fact that it is an older geforce and everything else is more than requirement....hopefully one day my comp. will play this.
well I hope it works for me cause my b-day is in 3 days and my Mom is taking me to buy osme more sims 2 and then the sims 3.
And here I am thinking.. why is my computer so darn naughty... I am a 3D animator, so my computer is good for graphic... yet when I open nothing but Sims3, it crashes on me!! Unbelievable!
same thing happened to me,
still wont work, on mine or any of my friends' PC's.
It works on like no-ones computers
madatthesims3
Jul 30, 2009 at 04:44 PM
the same thing has happened to me and I tried installed 3 times and it still does not work I love the sims but so far im not a big fan of sims 3
Hey my computer is almost new so when I bought the sims 3 I thought there would be no problems, but as soon as I got into build and live mode I could play about five minutes. After the five minutes my computer would go to a black screen, then say not responding. I thought this was a one time thing, but it did it countless times. Eventually I called the sims 3 helpline ((in the back of one of your guides in the game holder of the sims)) they said to check all your requirements and disk space to play the sims. When I did they were all better than required. I called them back again and told them that my reuirements are good and they told me that I needed a new graphics, so I went and bought a new graphics card. I installed it then tried the sims3 It still didn't work. I was really mad because graphics cards cost like 30$. Now I called the graphics card hotline and asked my question why the sims3 was not working they said they have been having countless people been asking about it he said there is really nothing we can do. So pretty much I would recommend that you take it back from where ever you bought the game and ask for a new one. Then in a couple of days take it back at a different time with the receipt so there is a new cashier and tell them your would like to return it and they should give you the money, but remember don't open it when they give you a new one. SO REALLY THE SIMS 3 COMPANY REALLY SOLD US CRAP THAT DIDN"T EVAN WORk!
your lucky mine won't play it at says graphic card not support it is a nvidia 8800 which is one of there supported cards and a lot more than $30
hey please could you tell me what the helpline is for sims 3!? I reallly need it
thanx
it won't start up, it's my brothers and I really don't want too get hurt! I need a way too start up. I have refreshed my computer, I have everything I need but still won't work, someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dave + Hannah
May 3, 2010 at 11:15 AM
ill help bring it back
Hey, I kinda have the same problem, just that. I can play for like half an hour, then it freezes and then the game dissapears and my deskop comes up. And I have to restart the game, and the same thing happens after half an hour again.
Mine is doing the same! I have unistalled it loads of time! what should I do I cn't even play I without it stop becaz me nd my friends can only make one person or one room and then FREZZES AND BLANk sometimes I have to turn off my computer completely so it would stop, I have enought memory for it wht should I do??
that one chickk
Aug 4, 2009 at 10:20 PM
same here! ill play for awhile then it will rrun slow nd then just stop nd then a blue screen will come up and it wonnt work iv unstalled it three times and it still dosent work like it should I even de fragged my computer ive tryed just about everyhing!!!
the same thing happened 2 me I think its something 2 do wiv the anitivirus systems not sure though so plz plz plz tell me how 2 play!
The same thing is happening to my Sims 3 and I don't know how to fix it. When I first got the game, it worked fine then it started crashing a few days later. I tried playing without custom content but it still didn't work. Some people said to re-install it but my Sims 3 was downloaded(legally). It took a few days to download it and it will take that long again and I can't wait that long. Is there any way to do it without re-installing it?
stylishmarie Posts 3 Registration date Monday August 17, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 20, 2009
Aug 18, 2009 at 10:53 AM
am upset the fact am like totally a major fan of the sims I even have the old sim I collect them all and I just had bought the sims 3 so am excited to play it am in creating a player and it went black and the music kept playing am thinking I had to restart my computer so I did and went to play again and while am picking the hair it crashes ones again. am upset because I really really wanted to play this game and not because is the sims 3 but it looks sooo good ugh please EA fix this problem ASAP because I will deff never be a fan anymore due to this problem.
Hello again!

I just thought I should share something that has stopped my game from crashing...

Before I used to have Vista... We all love Vista, right? -__- *coughs*
Anyways, I ended up installing XP on my laptop and now my Sims 3 ain't crashing at all.
I have no idea if there's a bug in Vista that makes the game crash or maybe I was just being lucky...
I've had a few problems with other games as well when I had Vista, and now that I use XP every single one of them runs smoother and there's no problems at all.

Anyways, lets hope EA finds out what's actually wrong and fixes it...
I think its simple, IF YOU PLAYING IT ON A LAOPTOP THEN THATS A BIT SILLY AS LAPTOPS ARE NOT PROPALY DESIGHED TO RUN GAMES WITH HIGH DATA TRANFER LIKE THIS AND SECOND, GET A PACH!!!!

any problems contact me at: ryankerry95@googlemail.com

Yes im 14 and yes I do know that im taking about so dont dis me I know how to hack these mesages and get you email
you're cool!
stupid ass.
Wether or not you're playing on a laptop that shouldn't have anything to do about the cause that it crashes. Do you have any idea how many people who actually game with laptops? ^^
If you have a decent laptop that meet the requierments for the game there is nothing that says you shouldn't be able to play on it. Lets see...
This is a laptop for £699 that can easily play most games out there including The Sims 3....
https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/bct/laptops-and-netbooks/acer-laptops?utm_source=acerdirect

And btw, as many here has stated, there's plenty of people with great computers / laptops that are having this problem.

Anyways, don't threaten people that you're gonna hack their e-mail or whatever you plan to do. That's just silly, it can get you in to alot of trouble :)
Sims 3 was doing all this on my PC. So I put it on my laptop, which isn't even a week old yet. It still doesn't work. 5 min. in and it shuts down. I've tried to e-mail customer service, but neither of my computers will let me. The say the license agreement is corrupted with their server. Or something to that effect. Does anyone know if there is a phone number to contact them? I bought my game on-line so I don't have a customer help number. Also for future reference, it took 18+ hours to down load to my computers!

Windows Vista (pack 1)
4GB
500GZB SATA

Rae
when I first got this laptop, I bought sims 3 and it worked fine, a few months later, I reinstalled my OS (vista home x32 and all the service packs) I did not however reinstall the Sims till now, I have simcity societys running fine but I have a problem with my Sims 3. pretty much the same problem as all the above. I was able to patch the game with the recent patch provided by EA and when I started playing the game, I had the problem. After creating a family I was able to move them into a house, but I wanted to build a house from scratch. so what I done was I went to Edit town in the menu and clicked the appropate area. however, when I tryed putting a wall down, it froze, so I tried again. then after the third try it froze completly, and went straight back onto the desktop of my computer.
But like I said, I had it installed months ago and work fine, its only recently when I reinstalled it, the problem happens. im really annoyed and want to play the game in peace.

[update] I also cannot access the options on the game, as I click it, nothing happens.

Now I have reinstalled the game and I have turned the automatic updates OFF. I booted it up and the game now works fine. I hope this helps.

Your fellow gamer, Mandow