Ask a question Report

The Sims 3 Not responding [Solved/Closed]

Willy - Latest answer on Nov 21, 2012 12:17PM
Hello,
i just bought the game Sims 3 and i can create a sim, but as soon as i go into building mode or even to play with the sim, it freezes, and then it goes black. i have all the requirements for the game. but i dont know what i should do about not being able to play the game in build mode, or live mode
Read more 
Answer
+66
moins plus
Hello Sims 3 users.. At least make sure that there's space on your computer to make the game work..If it does'nt work then do this little hint(cheat) to help you.

1. Press CTRL, SHIFT, ALT , AND C(all together)..I don't know if this will work but it works on my sims 2 games..

2. If it works. You will see a blue box with a white strip on the bottom.Click the strip then press tab it would say something like auto patch then you enter. Bascily what auto patch is doing for you is fixing the problems with the game.So you Likely probably wont have any problems with the game.(hopefully)

3.If your game Freezez,and blacks out again then well.It probably did'nt work..If you really want your game fixed and you need hints on how to make it stop doing such an idiotic thing, then you should probably call Ea,or what/who/company made this game. Or you could go to Thesims3.com click contact.(if its there) and send them an email about how you've been having problems with your game. Probably they would have the contact number but if they say they don't know ask them questions like: Did you perpare the software correctly. and did you check your data files and things like that maybe they would answer another important one is if you ask them if they tested there product over and over and over..Maybe that should help you but i was glad to share that information with all of you sims3 users.

Answer
+27
moins plus
Sounds like it's your graphics card, is it Nvidia? My game would run for a few minutes and the computer would just switch itself off.

So, if your card is Nvidia, you should do the following, it worked for me!!!

1 - Open the Control Panel
2 - Open the Nvidia Control Panel
3 - At the top of the Control Panel, select "Advanced Settings"
4 - Select "Advanced"
5 - On the side menu, click "Manage 3D Settings"
6 - Change "Conformant Texture Clamp" to "Use OpenGL specification"
7 - Change "Force Mipmaps" to "Trilinear"
8 - Change "Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimization" to "On"
9 - Change "Vertical Sync" to "Force On"

Save your new changes and it should do the trick!

Happing Simming!!!

Rachael :)

el- Apr 18, 2011 07:05AM
the settings are different. i cant see them except for the vertical sync :(
Answer
+13
moins plus
this might help

Launch The Sims 3.
Click on the '...' blue Options button on the lower left-hand side of the screen.
Click on the 'Options' menu item.
The 'Graphics' tab should be opened by default.
Uncheck the 'Enable Fullscreen Mode' button.
Click on the blue Check Mark button on the lower right-hand corner to save changes.
Re-start The Sims 3

Answer
+12
moins plus
I've played the sims 2 ever since it came out which was years ago and it never crashed.I played the sims 3 and it crashed 5 times in less than a hour I'm loosing everyting..I've played maybe 3 times before and it worked just fine it never crashed.it all freezes ,goes black and I have to click on the start or windows button and my computer shuts off. This is really annoying.What can I do to get it to stop crashing?

Answer
+11
moins plus
I had exactly the same problem when i first got the sims 3, too. If you have a laptop, does it feel like it get really hot underneath? If so, it is probably overheating. I have to make sure there is a gap underneath mine somehow, by wedging it between books. Mine never crashes as long as i make sure air can get underneath. As soon as i stop doing it, it overheats and crashes again. It's such a simple solution, but it helped me.

Answer
+10
moins plus
Try playing in windowed mode - Change the setting in the main menu as you start the game, before you choose your town. this seems to have worked with some ppl. Also, in windowed mode, reduce your resolution slightly. This reduces the strain on your pc's Graphics card. Hope this helps!

dfd- Dec 28, 2009 12:04AM
It doesn't even start!
so I modified the option in My documents - EA - The sims 3 - option, but still doesn't work! help me!
Indeed my computer is enough to launch ts3 T.T
Zoe- Feb 10, 2010 05:32PM
How do you get widows mode? please i need your help badly!!!!
lea_21- Mar 27, 2010 11:53AM
yea i dont get it how do you get in windowed mode
someone help meee.... pleaseee......
dave + Hannah- May 3, 2010 11:16AM
no
Answer
+7
moins plus
Hello this is may because some files of the games are corrupted or damaged! You will have to uninstall the game and install it again! I hope this works!

Sims3rules!- Feb 11, 2010 11:31AM
Hello im sims3rules.. Okay sims 3 does not rule it is just crap! I hate it and i have no idea what to do i tried it in windowed mode but it still freezes. I am really mad i just wanna play it so bad. WAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I really want it to work my dad gets so mad at the sims 3 when he has to shut it down! I hate the sims 3 help meeeeee!
Keep your hands of my momma. keep your hands off my doritos lauraumbrella - Feb 14, 2010 12:48PM
Ok. I have alot of those sims games. And i was happy when i got my sims 3. Everything was fine and dandy in the beggining. I made my family and even started to build their house. But then something weird happened. I tried to start up the game. I was able to get past the little theme song, and i picked what house i wanted to play on. But then when it was loading my family it stopped when there was not even a cenimeter left to load. I have tried getting past this like TWENTY time but its not working. WHAT DO I DO? some of you say that i should uninstall it and then reinstall it but i dont know how to do that. Help me pleasseeeee
Ree-ree sam - Feb 9, 2010 10:14AM
wwll...u should change the cd holder but first of all u go on my computer and then put Sims 3 in
and if u see the sighn ov the Sims 3 that means it reconizes it then u play Sims 3 in that cd holder but
if it does not reconizes it in any of the cd holders u change the cd holders g2g
write to me please :)
jessi- May 10, 2011 03:34PM
my sims 3 doesnt even open when i click on the shortcut on my home screen can eny one help me if eny of you have had the same problem
sims3fanatic- Nov 21, 2012 12:17PM
My sims 3 keeps "not responding" when i move a family into a house and go into the house. I have to press my "windows" key just to go to my desktop to close it. It kept making me mad. But i uninstalled all of my games. (i have all of them except Seasons) and reinstalled them. Now it works perfectly. It was a corrupted file in one of the games. They can corrupt from anything, including downloading things from the Sims 3 exchange. Watch what you download. If you download things, go into your launcher and look at every individual thing you downloaded and if it says CAST project or anything with CASS, CAST or CST. Delete it. It can mess up your game including adding "naked" body parts of all ages, and horse body suits. It can also cause glitches in babies when they are born.
Answer
+3
moins plus
Quick question. Are you all or some of you running the bare minimum requirements? It would help more if you listed the actual specs of your computers. Remember the game has listed the "requirements" for the game to run, but they do not say "FANTASTIC game play with this minimum requirements".

My suggestion to those that have at least 2GB RAM, Dual COre Processors, and 512MB Video (that works with SIMS3)

You may have so much starting up on your computer taking up half of your RAM from the start. Are you running Vista? XP? Those two will play a major role when it comes to sims3 play and your Memory avail.

I highly recommend you check out this free little tool (its far better than any System Task Manager by far) to see what actually is running on your machines, and what you can or cannot shut down on start up or while running the game.

I hate that fact that all these software companies think we want their little piece of heaven to load on each system boot. Its annoying yes, but we as PC owners have to keep it under control. Find out whats running and much more by this free tool. http://www.gtopala.com/ Get the Standalone English Version (No Need for Pro) or get the multi language if needed.

Once you investigate a bit more to find out what you can safely shut down you may find Sims runs better. Another GREAT place to review is Black Vipors helpful settings. He tells you what you can safely shut down in the OS and more. Like what is the default, and if it is needed and why. I suggest you choose your proper OS i.e. XP, Vista ... this is the link to the XP SP3 32 bit http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

GOOD LUCK everyone. I know how much you want to play the game so I figured I'd take the time to at least offer some help :)

Donaghy- Jun 19, 2009 12:19PM
This problem is not a case of minimum req... Its a problem that EA are fully aware of. Its random if your computer will run it without crashing.

There is a memory leak and some system setups will ignor it and run fine while others will not accept it, and freeze.

A i said before i tested the game on two machines

PC Vista 64bit
6Gb RAM
3Ghz Duel core
768Mb 8800 gtx

* Game play runes fine for 5 minutes untill it freezes.
* Windowed mode gets about 10 minutes
* Ingame speed options work fine.

Once the game stops responding you can Ctl. Alt, Del and close it. No need to turn off the power button like that person is doing.

OR

you can leave it not responding and Minimise the game for about 5 minutes untill it starts to respond and you can continue where you were last before it crashed.

Other Computer

Laptop

Vista 32 bit
2Gb RAM
2Ghz Duel Core
8200m graphics

On this Laptop Sims 3 runs quite smooth. does not crash no matter how long you play for however the ingame speed options does not work so you will enough watching your sim sleep at a very slow rate.

All we can do is hope that a diehard fan can find a good temp fix untill EA find the fault and give us the patch.

one day EA might allow a game of theirs to start in beta testing untill its fully ready.
bcomputr- Sep 17, 2009 03:34PM
i had the same problem and ive tested it with many differernt computers wich all have he recomended req. i fink sims 3 isnt compatible with vista 64bit so try it on a 32bit computer with the same copy of game
Gunabitez- Jul 12, 2009 04:40AM
My sims 3 crashes...in the middle of loading time

Spec:
ATI 4890 HD
RAM 5GB DDR3
Quad Core Duo 2.33GHZ
500GB SATA

Installed in External WD 500GB

What could be the possible reason?
dfd- Dec 28, 2009 12:08AM
i changed the graphic driver, but still doesn't work...
smg- Oct 15, 2009 04:21PM
my pc has the pc of 3gb ram 320 gb hard drive and graphics intel g33/g31 express chip set family and the blank screen is still coming up its a 256mb graphic card intel doe
Answer
+3
moins plus
PROBLEM SOLUTION HERE(:

http://www.gamingnewslink.com/...

ima sims game addict ;)
XD

Answer
+3
moins plus
Get rid of firefox, this block data being read for the game to work, after uninstall firefox, uninstall all sims games and then reinstall it

Answer
+1
moins plus
My original Sims3 is turning fine on my aldi netbook and that means that the system requirements are really very low. SIMS3 Graphics are not much better then on my ATARI or Commodore 30 years ago.My Childrens game computers are freezing even after installing the last ATI and NVIDIA drivers(CTRL-Alt-Delete doesn't work). Quad processor and dual processors doesn't matter the problem is propably in the EA protection system. Why do i think that it is the EA protection system? The cracked SIMS3 version that i downloaded to try is turning 100%. Thank you EA because people who bought the game can't play it. I think some people at EA games should look for an other Job before EA loses lots of clients.

I really hope that EA can find a solution otherwise this is the last time i buy EA games for my children.

Greetings from Belgium

Kezza- Apr 30, 2010 10:32AM
Agree with the above comment that there are people at EA should look for another job because I have had question & answer sessions with them & they are NO help WHATSOEVER !!
Answer
+1
moins plus
clear most of cookies and refresh your computer and turn down the grapics turst me it should work ! if not you need other help and delet any other old games on you computer

Answer
+0
moins plus
This happens to me too!
I hav unistalled, and re-installed (twice)
i have all the requirements
i have deleted basically all my other games to make sure there is plenty of room
i've done everything i can think of!
can someone please help! coz i really wanna play!

Sami- Apr 25, 2010 08:26PM
My game gives me the same problem. I'll be playing and after about 15-20 minutes, it crashes. It causes my whole computer to shut down. Can anyone help?
WTF- Apr 26, 2010 09:44PM
I cant even pass the loading thing it said reinstall the game but i dont have any CD can any1 give me a CD
Cassie- May 7, 2010 06:53PM
It has done that to me too! Gee, I thought it was just my computer being nasty xD
But I find that if I let it pass for about...5 minutes or so it goes back to normal. At this point I save my game immediately.
HeartBr3@ker- May 9, 2010 08:08PM
You should take it to the place you bought it from that is what I am gonna do I have the same prob. except it freezes only when I try to change the sims features like eyes or stuff
Kaylieface- Jun 1, 2010 05:49PM
I have had my game i bought the new sims3 world adventures it doesn't want 2 work. i'm gett P.Oed i deleted my whole game then reinstalled and it worked u should try this
Answer
+0
moins plus
I am a HUGE Sims fan, just bought Sims 3 and does the exact same thing! Freeze randomly and goes black, I can do nothing but CONTROL - ALT - DELETE and close it down, UNSAVED! Driving me crazy! Should I uninstall and re-install? I'll lose my games!

Keeta- Jun 15, 2009 04:51PM
I can't even get it to shut down using ctrl alt delete. I have to literally restart my computer every time it crashes. Do you have a way to get around that?
Katie-is-i- Jul 1, 2009 06:24PM
No you don't have to loose your games. I'm pretty sure you can back up the files. At least you could do it on The Sims 2. You just have to find The Sims 3 file in 'My Documents'. I have a Mac, so i can't tell you how. But i'm sure you can figure it out... if not google it, it will be on the internet somewhere...
Stiffler- Sep 13, 2009 05:11PM
How do i back up my files or save my games so it wont be deleted? I have a MAC as well. Please help! Thanks!

Will my game and everything i have played be erased if i uninstall the game?
ComputerConfused- Nov 1, 2009 05:37AM
I HAVE THAT TOO!!!! what should i do??? it lets me create a sims but when i go on buy mode, build mode or live mode it freezes and the screen goes black. it comes up (also) that the program is not responding. i have asked my friend what i should do and she said that it was like a phase, your computer will get used to the sims 3 but it has been months since i first got it and it hasn't stopped. should i delet it and re-install or wait untill it goes away?
anonymous- Apr 9, 2010 03:19PM
I have a mac and don't have that same problem but i have needed to re-install the game a couple of times. I'm pretty sure it erases everything but i can't remember. I also tried playing the game on a different login, because it was the same game installed but a different launcher. That works if the problem is something to do with your installed content.
Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi, i have exactly the same problem, except it all loads fine until i get to the part where it loads the town. It gets to about a quatre of the way then suddenly switches off. I think there might be something blocking it?
It works fine on my PC and there are no problems what so ever, but its annoying me that it dosnt work on my laptop :@
we all need help now, EA must do something about it.
But before they give us help does anyone have any tips?

Answer
+0
moins plus
I'm sorta happy to see that it's not only me having these problems cause I thought I had been one of them unfortunate people who got a game that was screwed...
It really sucks that it happens. It shouldn't happen at all seeing it's so new.
I will snoop around to see if I can find some answers to this, but I'm guessing we will just have to wait a bit longer than this.

Good luck to you's, if you find a selution, please!!! Post it here and enlighten us ^^

Answer
+0
moins plus
UGHHHH same thing is happening to me too! I have way above the minimum requirements and I can't even create a sim without it crashing! I hope someone figures out what we can do about this soon. I'm so fustrated

Answer
+0
moins plus
Everyone! don't believe anyone who tells u to update ur graphics card, or u don't meet the minimum requierments and all that crap!!
actually some of us have the best graphics card and stuff, and we don't need to update anything!, I found out why this thing is not responding and acts really slow while playing and sometimes freezing, yesterday I thought of removing my mods folder from the sims 3 directory, I moved it to the desktop, and resorce.cfg too, when I played the game... YES! IT DIDN'T TURN TO THAT BLACK SCREEN AND IT'S FAST AND ALL! I got it back to what you used to be before I have this not responding problem
Yes, it's a download!, I'm sorry for these ppl who didn't install any mods or cc, I dunno what's your problem, but I hope you find out soon, but to those ppl who used to play the game with no crashes or anything and suddenly it began to turn to that dang black screen, CHECK UR DOWNLOADS!, there must be a hack or a mod or even a HAIRSTYLE! some ppl's mods or hacks are corrupted or maybe damages the game, even hairstyles, I read so many problems about installing peggy hairs and causing their game to crash, even if it's not peggy, it must be these unkown hairstyles, like converted ones or whatever

anyway I found what's making my game to no respond, and it's a hairstyle
the sims 3 acts so weird with CC, The sims 1 and the sims 2 didn't have so much problems with them though
I hope you find the download and delete IT!
Good Luck to everyone!

stylishmarie 3Posts Monday August 17, 2009Registration date August 20, 2009Last seen - Aug 20, 2009 09:35AM
i agree with you i have windows vista and everything went well but is deff! the hair cuz as soon as i put a hair style it turns black so is deff the hairstyle but i didnt download no hairstyle is it still something affecting it?
Answer
+0
moins plus
I LOVE the sims 3 and all of this is happening to me it kept getting worse and it was really hard but eventualy I stopped playing. If anyone can help this that would be sooo good because I REALLY wanna play

Answer
+0
moins plus
i installed the sims 3 the way it tells youh to. then i went to play on it and it wont let me go on so how do i fix it because i have just bought it 2 day!? x

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
This document entitled « The Sims 3 Not responding » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.