Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

My laptop does not recognize my mp3 player [Solved/Closed]

Renaee - Latest answer on Jan 18, 2013 09:43AM
Hello, everything was working just fine. Then one evening I went to plug in my Sony mp3 player and it just sits there saying "connecting, connecting" but it never actually connects...I can't charge it from my laptop or download songs...it just doesn't recognize that IT IS ALREADY PLUGGED IN...is something wrong with the laptop...or is something wrong with my BRAND NEW mp3 player...when I bring the mp3 player to work and plug it in, it charges up just fine...so what am I missing here???
Read more 
Answer
+216
moins plus
Even easier:

Connect the player, open device manager, right-click on WALKMAN under Portable devices, click "Uninstall", wait till it removes WALKMAN from the hardware list, disconnect the player, and plug it back in - Windows will find it and install proper drivers for you.

thekburns- May 8, 2010 09:06PM
A massive thank you! I am the type of person who really becomes anxiety-ridden if my Walkman doesn't work. Amazing how dependent I seem to be on it for my exercise! Thank you a million times! Kerry
estrella123- May 9, 2010 12:39AM
i have a sony walkman......i tryed everything but nothing works..im going to try this if it works i'll be back..to thank the guy that helped me fix my problem
alex- May 11, 2010 08:29PM
thank you very much your way is the most simple of all i found lol some ppl even told me to install all kinds of software, thanks alot for a simple soution
grateful- Nov 25, 2012 02:24PM
it works........ it works it works it works it works it works
holly56733- Jan 18, 2013 09:43AM
thank you i was trying everything thans
Answer
+129
moins plus
I found the fix!!!

in control panel, go to system/ hardware/ device manager. Find the "portable devices" section and double click on the walkman device. select "update driver" button. When asked--- tell it not to search and that you want to manually pick from a list. It should pop up two choices--- mtp or usb mass storage device. select usb mass storage and it re-installs the "hard drive" driver and it shows up again in windows explorer.

badtedy165- May 11, 2010 04:10AM
THANK YOU MILLIONS OF TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS A LOT!!!!!!
IT REALLY WORKS!!!!!!!! even sony themselve cannot solve the problem! U ARE SUPERB!!!!! SUPER GENIUS!!!!!
Ady C- May 24, 2010 07:59PM
Thank s alot for the tips, its really works... May you be well n happy always....
SAndy- May 27, 2010 12:06AM
THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! I've been spending hours on this trying every suggestion that I could google and this FINALLY solved my MP3 recognition by WMP problem. I can't thank you enough.
Apink 3Posts Wednesday October 24, 2012Registration date October 24, 2012Last seen - Oct 24, 2012 11:53PM
I can't find it :/ Please help me by email my. rinamadonzelo@gmail.com
Apink 3Posts Wednesday October 24, 2012Registration date October 24, 2012Last seen - Oct 24, 2012 11:54PM
I can't find it. Please help me by email me at rinamadonzelo@gmail.com
Answer
+16
moins plus
I've spent a horendous amount hours looking for this solution for my SONY NWD MP3 player on Vista basic. Admin tools>services. Select Portable device enumerator service, right click>properties, then under start up type set to automatic and then also click "start" under service status.

Oh happy days!!!!

Answer
+11
moins plus
hi! i have the same problem with my sony mp3 walkman,my computer dont recognize it,i cant upload my fave songs in here..im very much frustrated..can u help me please..

Answer
+10
moins plus
I have an coby touch screen Mp3 player and it was working perfectly fine and i Deleted a few things from my computor Now it will Not Charge at all. My computor doesnt even reconize it is hooked up

Answer
+10
moins plus
My Creative Zen V plus is not recognized by my computer. I believe the problem may have to do with the Device manager. When I right click on My Computer, go to properties, then Hardware, and then to Device Manager, I find the plus for portablke devices is not there--it is apparently open. If I click on it to make a plus, and then go to another task, it will be gone when I check back on it. How do I fix this?? (I am not computer literate, so it needs to be simple).

Thanks

Answer
+5
moins plus
Did you ever solve your problem with your Q1, I just can't get my songs on to it at all!

Answer
+5
moins plus
(sorry my pour english) Sony Walkman have problem with windows automatic execution. How to solve the if you have a problem with mp3 player and this option are on, just turn it off by: start > run > gpedit.msc > Administrative Templates > System > on right list, open Turn Off Autoplay > select Enabled > From the dropdown next to Turn Off Autoplay on, select All drives and then click OK. That's work for me. Otherside, your mp3 might have a problem with old batery; let it charge for 5 min, and if it don't turn on while connect on usb probably it don't recharge anymore and you have to change the batery in some sony technical assistance.

Answer
+2
moins plus
greetings, I had the IDENTICAL issue with my Sony Walkman. All of my computers suddenly, and without warning, would no longer recognize the Walkman. After a frustrating effort, I finally figured out how to fix it. If you would like me to provide you with the fix, just email me, or reply to this post, and I will give it to you. It takes three clicks of the mouse and two seconds to fix. It is unbelievably easy. I can't believe even Sony Support hasn't figured this out yet. I ended up providing them with the answers too, when it was they who should have been giving me the explanation and the answer to how to fix this. By the way, this fix works with ALL portable devices (mp3 players), not just the Walkman.
-bobby klein

Jordan- Apr 28, 2010 02:20PM
Shows: Found New Hardware. MTP Device. Does not charge. is not recognized by windows media or My Computer. Have tried reset. Have tried reformating. Have tried changing the settings in device manager. Nothing works. ORM light flashes green when I press the rotary dial but nothing more. Please help Bobby (email jordanspector @ mail.ru)
Ding- Apr 29, 2010 12:41AM
bobby if you have solution than you should post here your experience rather than showing some proud on your work.
nkhs- May 2, 2010 12:37PM
i need help with my device its walkman please email me right now at najmm98@yahoo.com
Apink 3Posts Wednesday October 24, 2012Registration date October 24, 2012Last seen - Oct 24, 2012 10:57PM
My walkman NWZ-E453 are having problem. It wont connect to my laptop eventhough i uninstall it. Please, email me. rinamadonzelo@gmail.com
Anthony- Oct 27, 2012 10:00AM
I've just used this to help me solve my problem. Many thanks fella!
Answer
+2
moins plus
i have a problem that my nextar mp3 player was working all fine but one day i copied a new song newly downloaded it was copied successfully but when i was hearing that song my mp3 player was struck i removed battery from it and then plugged it again e that time my mp3 is not working . i plugged it in windows (Xp) and (VISTA) to remove the damaged file but my computer was not reading it please help me out i will be very thankful to you guys .
-SALMAN-

Answer
+1
moins plus
i had the same problem with my mp3 players, it is a samsung u4. my office, my laptop and friends laptop all run xp and i had the same problem. to fix it all i did was i went to the settings of my mp3 player and i went to to settings then system and then it pc settings and i changed what the pc recoginses my mp3 player as, it used to be MTP and changed it to removable disk and now i have no more problems with, hope this helps all the best

strawberry chicken- Nov 30, 2009 01:13PM
Ok, if you're still in dire straits after everything everyone has said, I mean I tried everything... Try downloading the latest windows media player. It worked for me... Good luck anyway.
Jenny- Apr 14, 2010 10:25PM
I have been going over and over and OVERRRRRRRRRRRr what to do to get my computer to recognize my Sansa Clip. I used the above ...going into settings on the mp3 player/usb/changing the settings (I had three to choose from automatic/MTP/and another MHP or something like that). The THIRD ONE worked for me!!! Yay!!! You are a genius!
Answer
+1
moins plus
so what do i do to fix my problem?

wed- Mar 3, 2010 07:16AM
it still did not work
Answer
+1
moins plus
Try the reset button behind the mp4....I had the same problem once

Answer
+1
moins plus
Thanks for all your help, my zen suddenly stopped being recognised. I took the advice & uninstalled it in device manager, unplugged it, went to Media player to sync, plugged it in & it "Found new hardware" installed drivers & its now back working.

Answer
+1
moins plus
my MP3/MP4 Car modulator keeps on restarting when connected to power either in car or laptop. Its only 2 weeks old. It has no brand name. It shows on creen for 3seconds and restarts. Computer picks it for 2 seconds and so on until the whole night..too bad....please help...LL Malawi

Answer
+0
moins plus
i have the same problem and i have a 120 g.b. zune.

Answer
+0
moins plus
wrong it works for little bit but now mine wont work it charges but wont let me play my music from my walkmen

Answer
+0
moins plus
i sent it to be repaired 3 different times and it still is not detecting my zune someone
please help me my computer is an xps m140 from 2005.

Answer
+0
moins plus
probably the computer...mine is doing the same (different mp3 however) but yeah, I believe it might be the USB, is there a pop-up window saying something like: "hi-speed plug in a non-high speed port" 'cause if so, dat's my problem...sorry if I didn't help

Answer
+0
moins plus
Try this: MTB -> USB, instructions on http://eugeneboon.com/hello-world/

This document entitled « my laptop does not recognize my mp3 player » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.