PCI driver Problem

Solved/Closed
John - Jun 2, 2009 at 04:05 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 8, 2010 at 04:39 PM
Hello,
Me also I cannot see the driver for PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller I download all the driver for hp laptop dv5-1299ee in there web site my OS is Vista 32 bit but still unsuccessful. Please help thanks in advance
Related:

6 responses

Hello! I had a similar problem: in the device manager, listed as 'other devices' there was a question mark next to 'PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing controller.' This is how I solved it:

left-click 'start'

right-click 'my computer' to bring up a menu and left-click 'manage'

when the 'computer management' window appears, look on the left-hand side window...the menu says 'Computer management (Local)'...look underneath this title and left-click 'device manager.' See the item listed with a yellow question mark (?) ?

Right-click this item and when the menu appears left-click 'properties.'

In the new window that appears left-click the tab that says 'details.' The window will say 'device instance id.'

Underneath this is some info that looks confusing...it appears to be a string of random numbers and letters. It isn't random at all but it looks like gibberish. Don't worry! You only need to write down this number. I tried cut & paste but to no avail.

Look where it says 'PCI\VEN_' The number next to this underscore ( _ ) is the vendor/manufacturer of this PCI product that you have in your computer. This is the important info you need to extract to solve your problem!

As an example I will use my scenario: my computer said 'PCI\VEN_1805' It actually had about 20 numbers and characters after the 1805 but I ignored them. In my case I didn't need them but you may.

Now that you know what the number next to 'PCI\VEN_' is you can determine the manufacturer of your hardware/device, etc. This is important because we need to have a clue as to what kind of driver we are missing before we can find and install it. You don't want to just randomly install hundreds of different drivers to eliminate one yellow question mark!

Now that you have written down or stored the PCI vendor details (ie. the number), open your Internet browser and type this into the address bar: https://www.drvsky.com/js/PCIVENDEVlist.txt

Now you are looking at a list of PCI vendors. Scroll down until you find your exact number listed on the webpage. Next to it is the name of the manufacturer of the hardware/device you need the driver for. When you find your number look up the manufacturer that is listed (or the name of the device that is listed).

Now go back to Google and type this info in. In my case, the website lists 'PCI\VEN_1805 Euresys S.A'. I went to the manufacturers webpage and looked around. They appeared to me to be a video-imaging company. Now that I at least had an inkling of what type of device this was, I was able to quickly establish that my computer had a video-capture device installed and it needed a driver to operate it. This was available on the manufacturers webpage (as with many if not most manufacturers) in a 'downloads' section.

I had no idea what type of video card was inside my computer as the manufacturer produces several versions. I looked on the manufacturers site and found 3 different drivers for 3 different video cards. I had to basically guess which of 3 drivers I might need. I installed 2 with no luck and on the third try *voila!* The 'device manager' no longer showed me it's impatient looking yellow question mark! The proper driver had been found and installed.

Probably not a bad idea to restart after this step (computers seem to like starting 'fresh').

I hope this helps as I found this problem to be very confusing until I understood what the computer was waiting for.

Cheers!
I'm at work and have been reading so many (good) comments about this. Just my two cents. If this PC has already been imaged previously, go to the computer account properties in AD. There should be a "Remote Install" tab. Go to it. There you will find two fields: 1) Computer's Unique ID and 2) Remote Installation Server. Make sure the "Remote Installation Server" field isn't blank or pointing to an invalid Remote Installation Server as this will also cause this type of behavior.