Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Laptop Keyboard Problem [Solved/Closed]

KM - Latest answer on Feb 12, 2013 01:01PM
Hello, I have an IBM Thinkpad laptop and get numbers instead of characters on some ok the keys. a 2 on the K 5 on the I and so on. I have tried unlocking the FN key using the suggested key combination on this forum but with no luck. Does anyone know what else I can try?
Read more 
Answer
+254
moins plus
IF ANYONE HAVE THESE TYPE OF KEYBOARD PROBLEM THEN JUST GOTO START->PROGRAM->ACCESSORIES->ACCESSIBILITY->ON SCREE KEYBOARD AND CLICK ON NUM BUTTON LEFT HAND SIDE OF THAT ON SCREEN KEYBOARD(MEANS TURN OFF THAT NUM LOCK OPTION).
THIS IS A SIMPLE AND BEST WAY TO SOLVE ALL TYPES OF LAPTOP OR PC.

tc- Jan 2, 2013 04:14PM
I don't know what happened to my laptop computer, every time I type a key, it makes a noise but does type anything, what should I do?
Cartiblue- Jan 17, 2013 02:20AM
Great !!! thanks!!! Whoopie!!!!!
othmanez- Jan 19, 2013 07:14PM
you are the best
sss- Jan 21, 2013 08:14AM
thanks..i'd press Fn button to solve the problem
CWCrasto- Feb 12, 2013 01:01PM
Thanks...that really helped. awesome!!!!
Answer
+57
moins plus
Hello,
This problem is solved by pressing "fn" and "num lk scroll" keys down together, not "Caps lock" instead of "fn". Try both, you will see. i gues S/he was pressing the keys ramdomly and the problem got solved un aware!! the light next to the "num lk scroll" should be off for the keyboard to work normally. If the light is "on" then the "fn" key is active and locks the functions on the keys eg. "U" becomes "4" instead coz there are on the same key. I>5, O>6 and so on. those sre the chracters that are circled on the same key. to enable and disable those characters, do as mensioned above.

"welcome"

santu- Aug 4, 2010 11:15AM
thans,for your suggession.it works .
ravikumar- Nov 26, 2012 03:40PM
i couldn't type the number 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 in the top
right side number are 6,0

I don't know what is the problem
kisy- Jan 23, 2013 08:48AM
Thank you so much! It really fixed my keyboard! :))
Den- Feb 5, 2013 11:56PM
Thank you mate....it really worked...
Answer
+29
moins plus
Hi, I eventually solved the problem It requires pressing and holding the Caps Lock and NumLK ScrLK keys down together.

Answer
+14
moins plus
Shift+NumLk, a light will turn on. Then hold Alt and on the keyboard, they is smaller numbers under the right letters and numbers. This is the numeric keypad.

Answer
+14
moins plus
Hi, had this problem, press the button alt gr. problem solved!

Bianca- Feb 6, 2013 01:51AM
Hi, I did that now the problem solved thankx a lot
Answer
+12
moins plus
On my IMB Thinkpad, I solved this problem by pressing 'shift & num lk/scroll' keys together instead of 'fn & num lk/scroll' which might work on other PCs.. Try it and it will work.

Answer
+11
moins plus
Alt + numlk

Answer
+9
moins plus
Answer
+7
moins plus
dude, as what mous said, just make sure u turn on the numlock.. (fn + scroll/numlk) after it was turned on, you can now use the numbers intended for the" Fn" function (numeric keypad) without pressing and holding it.. with this, now you can hold alt and press the numeric keypad numbers for the symbols you want..

Answer
+3
moins plus
hi,
i was having the same problem, i restarted my laptop and this solved my problem.
try it too.

KM- May 30, 2009 06:21PM
Hi. Thanksm, but I tried restart previously also. No luck there.
Answer
+3
moins plus
SONI: Thanks and I solved the issue! Cooljers

This document entitled « Laptop Keyboard Problem » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.