is one of the most popular video game titles from the NFS franchise. Users can play this game on consoles as well as on different versions of Windows OS including Windows 7
. Sometimes while running the game on Windows 7
, users may get an error saying NFS Undercover has stopped working
. The user may need to install the game in compatibility mode
by changing the properties of the .exe file
. The compatibility can be chosen all the way back to Windows 95, and one can try and run the program using an administrator account
Running NFS Undercover under Windows 7
I can play the game in Windows XP but when I run the game in Windows 7, a message shows as "NFS undercover has stopped working". Please help me out - how can I play it in Windows 7?
- Geforce 8600GT SLI PCI exp:
- Main board: MSI P6N
- Direct X: 10
- You need to install the game in compatibility mode. Use these steps:
- to configure the compatibility mode for an application,
- just locate the installation directory and right-click on the .exe,
- selecting Properties from the menu.
- Select the Compatibility tab:
- You can choose to run the program in Windows XP compatibility mode,
- or even all the way back to Windows 95 compatibility.
- Probably the most useful setting to start off with would be to disable the visual themes and desktop composition if you can't get things working. If you are trying to run a video game, you will often need to choose to:
- "Run this program as an administrator. You'll have to play around with it, but most likely you can get your application working this way.
Solved by olfo81
In the same category
Published by aakai1056
. - Latest update by Celia Gatward