There may be times when a user knows there is content stored on the memory card of his/her Nokia phone but is unable to access it. First, check that the files in the memory card
are not sorted as 'hidden'. Connect the Nokia phone to the computer and go to the command button to type an instruction. One will see the path of the memory card with a default letter
. Replace the default letter with the one that denotes the memory card in the computer. Refresh and see if you are able to view the files and access the content now.
[Nokia E72] - unable to access memory card content
Yesterday, my Nokia E72 changed the shortcuts in the menu of my business profile. Later I also found out that I couldn't access any of the photos from my memory card, and as of this morning I couldn't access my MP3 or anything else from it. Oddly enough, yesterday I could. When I go through PC Suite, the MC is empty, but if I connect the phone as storage, everything is there. When I check the memory status on the phone itself, the phone sees the MC, sees how much free space there is and so on, but I still cannot access anything through the phone itself. Interestingly, the MP3 which is my ringtone still rings, although it is on the MC.
- Check whether the files are not in hidden mode.
- Connect it to your PC and follow the instructions.
- Click on "Start" -->Run-->type cmd and click on OK.
- Command prompt will be opened.
- Here I assume your memory card drive letter as G:
- Enter this command.
- attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*
- Press "Enter".
- Note: Replace the letter g with your memory card drive letter.
- Now check your memory card for the files.
Solved by jack4rall
Published by aakai1056
- Latest update by Virginia Parsons