If you have opt to use Mandriva 2008, after its installation, in view to boost up system startup safely, there are some application that can be switched off.
[deri58@localhost ~]$ su -
- To perform this:
- Go to Mandriva Control Center > System > Manage system services
- Type the following in the console:
[root@localhost ~]# drakxservices
Services that can be deactivated::
- avahi-daemon- enable a simplified network type. If you use DHCP or fixed, disable same
- Cups: Printer server. If you don't possess a printer, disactivate this service.
- Inetd: a super-server management from Deamon (FTP, Telnet etc). If your computer is not on a network, disable same.
- Nfsd- daemon for sharing files on network- If you do not have a network, disable same.
- Atd service enabling you to start a task at a specific time. Disable it.
- Cron-task manager.Disable it
- Netfs- service for file sharing, if your computer does not share file on network.Disable it
These services can be enable at any time.
For unlimited offline reading, you can download this article for free in PDF format:
In the same category
Published by deri58
- Latest update by jak58