If you have opt to use Mandriva 2008, after its installation, in view to boost up system startup safely, there are some application that can be switched off.
[deri58@localhost ~]$ su -
- To perform this:
- Go to Mandriva Control Center > System > Manage system services
- Type the following in the console:
[root@localhost ~]# drakxservices
Services that can be deactivated::
- avahi-daemon- enable a simplified network type. If you use DHCP or fixed, disable same
- Cups: Printer server. If you don't possess a printer, disactivate this service.
- Inetd: a super-server management from Deamon (FTP, Telnet etc). If your computer is not on a network, disable same.
- Nfsd- daemon for sharing files on network- If you do not have a network, disable same.
- Atd service enabling you to start a task at a specific time. Disable it.
- Cron-task manager.Disable it
- Netfs- service for file sharing, if your computer does not share file on network.Disable it
These services can be enable at any time.
Published by deri58
- Latest update by jak58