Lexmark printer wireless connection issue
I currently have two computers: a desktop computer with Vista and a laptop with XP.
I bought a printer
) and want to initiate wireless interation between the 3 hardware sets.
First, you must put the computers/devices on the same network
- Start / Control Panel / System (in Classic View)
- Start / control panel / printer and other devices / system (system is in a frame on the left)
- Once in the system, go to the computer name's tab and click edit. It takes a computer name and workgroup name (the working group should be the same for computers)
- Start / Control Panel / System
- Once in the system: click on change settings, then edit in the new window. It takes a computer name and workgroup name (the working group should be the same for computers)
- Now on the "server" computer that has the printer:
- Start/device and printer, right click on the printer/rights, sharing tab and check the box to share this printer
- On the "client", the laptop, start/printer and other peripherals, add a printer, a new window opens.
- Next, select a network printer or a printer attached to another computer, locate your printer, select the printer found, the default printer
- Normally everything should work and to share files or folders, simply share the printer as