A Subversion server for a site like USVN is one of the most user friendly interfaces as well as ergonomic too. It is very easy to install. PHP version 5, Apache 2 are modules needed for the installation of USVN. After configuring Apache, USVN has to be installed. After the installation is over, the web browser has to be accessed and a configuration block is generally added to the Apache configuration file. Apache configuration file, i. e., httpd.conf file has to be configured accordingly. Once the block is added, the application will be installed.
is a subversion server
), which is very simple to install and manage via a user-friendly interface (very ergonomic).
The installation of USVN requires the presence of:
- PHP 5 (5.1.2 <= ver <5.3)
- mod_dav enable (in Apache httpd.conf - uncomment LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so)
- mod_dav_fs enable (in Apache httpd.conf - uncomment LoadModule dav_fs_module modules/mod_dav_fs.so)
- mod_rewrite enable (in Apache httpd.conf - uncomment LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so)
- adding the AllowOverride configuration
- Subversion - add the following modules in Apache modules
- mod_authz_svn enable (add in httpd.conf "LoadModule authz_svn_module modules/mod_authz_svn.so)
- mod_dav_svn enable (add in httpd.conf "LoadModule dav_svn_module modules/mod_dav_svn.so)
Example for the configuration of Apache
# Configuration d'access à usvn
Alias /usvn /path/to/usvn/public
Allow from all
Once the prerequisites installed and the application configured, as indicated in the web server, you must access it via the web browser.
We must follow the installation instructions step-by-step to configure the installation.
At the end of the installation, the configuration block (above) is to be added to the Apache configuration file (httpd.conf). Once this block is added, the application is installed.
In the same category
Original article published by wjaouadi
. Translated by jak58
. - Latest update by Virginia Parsons